Chapter 45

Why do I feel like collapsing when standing on that truth?

Why do I want to cling to Ravia's skirt and beg?

….throughout all that, he returned after seeing Leticia off while still wearing his gentlemanly mask, which required a great patience.

It was only after he managed to send off his uninvited guest that Tidwell was swept by a wave of emotions.

An unknown emotion between anger and grief overwhelmed his mind to the point of helplessness.

It wasn't the first time this happened.

He had often experienced this state in the process of crawling his way to reach his current spot. It was when his shadow devoured him.

It was almost like the past he had left behind was rushing back to slaughter him.

When he closed his eyes, he could see the remaining pomegranate seeds rolling away from someone's feet as if they couldn't be trampled.

Maybe that cruel recurring scene was a depiction of his past path. Each of the pomegranate seeds reflected his miserable life.

A life where some parts of a person will perish and some will survive after being trampled.

When the fact shackled his foot, a bony skeleton bit his ankle as it made a croaking sound, whispering ominously.

Tidwell, you'll be the only one left again.

You must remember that there is no warning of every incident. What's so important about the day your family died? What day did you find out that the maid hired by a certain noble had poisoned your family?

When was the first day you killed a person and realized that wearing expensive clothes was not strange at all?

Don't you know it well? Isn't Lady Macbeth saying the same thing on the stage?

(TL/N : Lady Macbeth is a leading character in Shakespeare's play about Macbeth and his wife who murder their king for his throne. After Macbeth becomes a murderous tyrant, she is driven to madness by guilt over their crimes and commits suicide offstage.)

This very hand. This blood stain that can't be washed away!

Lady Macbeth is said to be going crazy over the imaginary blood on her hands, but will the blood on your hands be visible only to your eyes? So who will remain by your side? Who would want to enter the mouth of a bloodthirsty demon?

Tidwell, you know that well. The reason why you're obsessed with your sister. The fact that it's not just because she is a loner.

A feeling of inadequacy where you can't keep her by your side without a stupid chain called family. That's why you're not allowing any chance for your sister to take off or throwing away the chain, right? You want her to covet her family, and make her hate you so that she will continue to remain by your side….

…..In the end, did you have enough dreams of you being tormented by those feelings and desires, hoping for her to return to your arms? It is pathetic for you to give up affection so early and choose an easy method like hatred and desire. That's why you suffer from nightmares like this.