Chapter 6

Contrary to its name, [His and Her Spring] revolved around underworld characters. That was the highlight of this dark romance novel.

Since the male lead, the second male lead, and even the female supporting character were involved in a criminal syndicate and the underworld, it was obvious how ruthless they would be throughout the novel.

Among them was Ravia's target.

The mildest among them all and also the second male lead, Herod.

Even if he was the boss of a large criminal syndicate, he didn't commit anything like kidnapping, imprisonment, or intimidation just because of a personal grudge.

In other words, Tidwell did such things. It was the main reason why Ravia had to run away from him quickly.

'Where the hell are you?'

Ravia was walking around the party trying not to look awkward.

Given that all the underworld people here were as brutal as Tidwell, it was obvious how she would end up if people found out that Ravia was an outsider.

In addition, Ravia had another dangerous person who shouldn't know about her identity.

'I'm glad that I can't see Tidwell anywhere.'

The host of this party. Tidwell.

Since the millionaire who owned this villa was him, she simply walked right into the tiger's den right now.

But she couldn't help it. If it wasn't now, the underworld masquerade ball would never be held again.

Tidwell became an influential figure of the underworld not only because of his outstanding martial arts. If that was the case, Tidwell would have been an underling of a criminal gang somewhere.

He was a drug dealer who controlled the underworld as a whole.

Tidwell's nickname in the underworld was 'dark flower'. It symbolized the drugs he distributed, or referred to Tidwell, himself, as the person who held the distribution rights.

Tidwell took advantage of the money he earned from drug sales to form a syndicate and took over the criminal world.

His influence was so powerful that even the existing syndicate who monopolized the underworld was wary of him.

'And the boss of that syndicate is Herod.'

Herod, he was a wise man.

Rather than struggling to destroy Tidwell, he chose to solidify his power by forming an alliance.

Of course, that alliance would be broken later. Because of one woman.

But that happened later, and it was still in the very early stages of their alliance.

Today's ball was held in order to establish the alliance between the two syndicates and the drug trade.

It was still an early phase, and because of the possibility that the alliance might be broken in the near future, the two syndicates decided to hide their alliance and open their first social gathering in a form of a masquerade ball.