Chapter 58

She didn't lose her smirk, however, Rette knew that she must keep looking into his eyes no matter what.

“Tell me in advance if you need me to do something. You cunning bastard.”

“….I'm not exactly asking you to do something, because it's actually related to you.”

“What's that got to do with me? As long as I find that unnie-”

Rette stopped talking. She finally understood what Herod was trying to tell her, and asked stiffly.

“You….do you know who she is?”

“I can't say for sure.” Herod shrugged calmly and approached her.

To be exact, he reached to Rette's side and took the blue note he had been holding until she arrived a moment ago.

“I think I've got a little clue.”

“Isn't it too…sudden?”

“Didn't I tell you before? I was contacted by our branch that a customer left an earring at a stolen goods store on Bluewell Street. That earring was your teacher's memento.”

Rette only had one teacher.

The previous summer user.

And that person left a magic earring to Herod.

It could change one's voice, and it could even change your face if you used its ability to its limit.

“So, the owner of the stolen goods store contacted me after finding out that the earring was mine.”

“…No, wait a minute,” asked Rette.

She silently listened to him until he brought out the part about her teacher's earring.

“Wait, Herod. How did it end up in the stolen goods store?”

“I didn't know that it'd go that far either. I apologize for not taking care of your teacher's memento properly.”

“No, that's not what I'm concerned about. Didn't you lend it to the Dark Flower last time?”

“Yes. He wanted to trick his so-called 'sister', so I had to lend it to him.”

“Ravia Leontine?”

“Yeah. I thought you'd know what she looks like already-”

“They've never shown me her portrait, though.”

“Maybe everyone thought your prophecy would at least show you that much.”

“I can't see that detail…I told you before that the more specific the scene, the greater the penalty.”

The prophecies of summer users are nothing but reading fragmented information related to the future. It would be more accurate to say it was an ability to lead to a desired outcome rather than a prophecy.

When he heard Rette's small grunt, Herod smirked as if he was having fun and said.

“Now you know that blonde woman was Ravia Leontine.” He whispered and glanced down at the note.