Chapter 17

It seems as though Tidwell was really glad that Ravia was by his side. Isn't that alone proof that she was giving him special treatment?

It doesn't matter to Tidwell if Ravia had no affection towards him as long as they could be together.

That's why Herod's words triggered Tidwell immensely. Especially when Herod told Tidwell that Ravia was not interested in him at all.

No way.

That statement about my sister isn't true at all.

Tidwell returned to the mansion as his mind was occupied with numerous thoughts. The first place he rushed to without even taking off his coat was obvious.

“Tidwell?”

The library.

A woman, who was reading a book as she bathed in the sunset by the windowsill, raised her head.

A reaction that was neither slow nor fast. A calm response like that of a breezeless rain with a straight posture.

Sitting by the closed window on a rainy day always made a specific type of person feel cozy. It makes that someone feel as though they are separated from the pouring rain outside the window and the humid air around them. All of these make them feel that they are in their own safe space.

Ravia was that kind of person.

“You said you'd come at sunset. You're a little early.”

That being the case, if Ravia truly doesn't care about him at all, she'd kick him out of her cozy space and leave him outside in the rain.

So, Tidwell approached Ravia slowly.

Ravia closed the book she was reading and waited for his words. She was reading the sequel of [Sophistry and Hypocrisy]. At that moment, she was almost finished with the book.

The sequel looked quite thick, but she kept on reading it despite that fact. Curious as to why, Tidwell asked her this question.

-It looks quite thick, but you seem to enjoy it so much, sister.

-Yes. I like it.

It was a clear answer that contained no hesitation. Come to think of it, Ravia was very explicit about what she likes and dislikes. That explains why the butler was able to prepare the tea party thoroughly.

She never lies. She always said what she liked with confidence. With that in mind, Tidwell asked.

“Sister, I heard you rejected all your marriage offers…”

“Ah, did my father tell you?”

“There are already rumors going around.”

“Yes, I suppose so. Since it's about the Leontines after all.” Ravia nodded and smiled gently. Her attitude expressed her pride in her family.

Ravia thoughtlessly affirmed Tidwell's question, but perhaps because she realized that something was wrong a moment after, she opened her eyes wide.

“Of course, that doesn't mean I won't get married. I simply disliked the candidates my father prepared for me.”

“Yes, I'm aware. One is a womanizer, one has erectile dysfunction, and one is a squanderer.”