Chapter 52

Sitting on a window sill, she stared down at him silently.

This lingering calm was quite unfamiliar for him, too.

He thought Ravia would have left him asleep like she did back then.

The one who went wild after failing to control his anxiety and greed was Tidwell. Though she had her own reasons to not push him away, she had no reason to remain by his side.

Yet he closed his eyes again despite her presence.

He'd prefer she left him while he slept rather than watching her leave in front of him.

Why would Ravia, of all people, stay by my side? Is this a dream?

As the sunlight poked his eyes, Tidwell grimaced slightly and mumbled.

“If you tell me that it's just a dream, I will close my eyes again.”

“Seems like you're not fully awake yet.”

The answer came back like a breeze. Ravia stared back at his obedient eyes and reached out her hand.

“Haven't you already slept enough…..?”

Ravia swept back Tidwell's hair that scattered around his forehead. Meanwhile, he closed his eyes like a faithful follower.

It was ironic coming from the guy who supposedly never let his guard down around anyone.

Since when did you stop avoiding my touch?

If it was before, she would have been wary of his submissive attitude, but now Ravia knew.

That this was the result of taming him.

'Does it ever cross your mind that I'm about to hit you in the back?'

Or does it not matter to you even if I do…….?

Either way, there was nothing good to be had from mulling it over.

To think that she had this kind of thought when she planned to stab Tidwell's eyes.

'That doesn't mean I will change anything.'

Suddenly, it occurred to her that her hand was stabbed, and Ravia quickly pulled her hand away from the man leaning on her legs.

She was thankful that Tidwell closed his eyes.

Otherwise, he would have gotten a clear sight of her distress. However, she shouldn't remain in this state for too long. If she kept her hands off him for a long time, Tidwell would eventually open his eyes.

So Ravia controlled her distress and spoke.

“….Isn't it time to wake up now? I didn't say it was a dream.”

Or does it still feel like a dream to you?

Tidwell slowly looked up at the whispering voice.

His blue eyes locked with Ravia's.

His gaze was just as persistent as if he had never left Ravia's side even for a moment.