Chapter 101

Ravia tried to kill him.

He couldn’t help but turn back in the face of such a clear scheme.

He rushed home with a strong determination to confirm just that one thing.

The pain of being stabbed by his beloved was nothing compared to his will to find out what Ravia was scheming.

As he still couldn’t let go of Ravia yet.

Thinking that she could get away from him by killing him was a big mistake on Ravia’s part.

For the last twenty years, not even death was able to stop him, but why did it only get in his way now after so long?

So he canceled his plan to go to the imperial palace.

As it stood, he thought it was impossible to appoint Ravia to be the head of the family.

Tidwell wanted to let Ravia fly freely as long as she was still under his awareness, but it was a different story now that things had turned out like this.

He might have to listen to his greed when the situation called for it.

‘….Let’s make a decision after making sure of it.’

He wanted to hear everything Ravia had to say when he got home. He had to hear that first.

But what if the situation doesn’t get better?

‘If that happens….’

Just as Tidwell sweetened his dry lips, the carriage stopped.

He stopped in front of a residence which was so large that he wouldn’t be able to contain its landscape even with both of his arms outstretched.

Tidwell threw his sapphire cuff at the driver and went straight inside.

A maid who was running an errand with a gas lamp in her hand was shocked by Tidwell’s appearance.

“Young master? B-Blood…!”

“Screw that. Where’s my sister?”

“Y-Yes?”

“Did you not hear me asking about my sister?”

Listening to the stern words that sounded like he was ready to kill anyone at the slightest provocation, the maid’s complexion turned white.

Is this still the same young master who always spoke so pleasantly?

She recalled talking with the other maids about how envious they were of the noble ladies who would marry such a kind young master.

The maid stuttered to get words out.

“M-My lady should be in her room…I think….”

It sounded like she wasn’t sure of where Ravia was either.

He asked because he couldn’t possibly search the whole mansion in the middle of the night, but it had been pointless to ask her.

Tidwell left the terrified maid behind and climbed up the stairs.
With a mind as unstable as his steps, he limped through his path while clutching his pained chest.

Objectively, he wasn’t in a good state either.

He wasn’t seriously injured, but had it been someone other than Tidwell, that person wouldn’t be able to move by now.

He fought Vincent even at his injured state, so his wounds began to take a toll as time passed.

He recalled he tried to stop the bleeding on his way back to the Leontine residence.