Chapter 3

His voice was cautious. Even the tip of Tidwell's eyelashes was slightly down, which made him look pitiful for some reason.

Such a great acting skill. Ravia was genuinely impressed.

It must be hard to act so gentle.

But she couldn't show that sentiment. More than that, his question was wrong.

“It's nothing like that.”

Just like a dandelion flying about in the hazy spring sunshine, she smiled.

Nevertheless, when the beautiful person smiled candidly, she had a strange enticement that was hard to resist.

“You might not know, but I knew this would happen.”

Tidwell looked up to his soon-to-be sister. Her slightly lowered head, curved mouth, and eyes. And her amethyst-like eyes in between.

“One day, someone will show up and take everything from me. Just like a novel written by someone.”

Her drooping eyelashes cast a shadow on her cheek.

She spoke as if she could trust Tidwell no matter how much she was getting rained on.

That's how sad it was.

“That's why I don't hate you. The only reason I want to leave my position is…”

Her eyes briefly touched Duke Leontine. It was an overly cold gaze directed towards someone who was supposed to be her biological father.

But that was only momentary. A beaming smile followed after her cold smile as if the ice was breaking apart.

“Because I don't need to be in this position.”

Welcome, Young Duke of Leontine.

And so, Ravia left the scene. She left in light steps, the same way she entered.

Tidwell, who was left behind, stared blankly at her.

Tak-!

The door behind Ravia's back closed. Shortly after, the strength in her body vanished, and Ravia flopped down as if she was crumbling away.

However, the only thing that vanished was the strength in her legs, not her chaotic mind.

'I'm doing a good job, right?'

Ravia stumbled as she grabbed the doorknob to lift her body, then walked a couple of steps.

Her first objective to meet with Tidwell was completed.

It was to convey that she had no intention to fight for succession. Likewise, revealing that she had no intention of obstructing him.

'Although I didn't expect that you'd call me all of sudden.'

It wasn't a bad response.

She didn't know how well she did, but it surely wasn't bad enough.

'I wish you won't mind me until I leave the mansion.'