Chapter 50

Tidwell's desire had spoken. It was clear that he hoped she would twist her ankle and become helpless without his support.

Of course, he said it in a form of a question to Ravia, but she was not stupid enough to misread his real motive.

There can't be a script where one is supposed to act as a gentle brother but did as he pleased like this.

There can't be such a cruel line, saying that he wished his sister would twist her ankle and become helpless without his support.

'But rather….'

It was a line that the male protagonist of a romance-tragedy novel might say.

No way.

The suspicion that came to mind at that moment was very small, but its presence was clear.

The assumption that, perhaps, Tidwell wanted herself. Maybe he wanted to continue this relationship by acting as a devoted brother and exchanging superficial affection in the name of family.

There were too many clues to call it an exaggeration. Tidwell himself never truly hid his intention.

Things like asking her to be his family or asking her to not abandon him.

Things like covering her with his coat and looking at her ardently.

His sweet words and loving expression.

Or the way he called her 'Sister'…..

However, at that time, Ravia was in the middle of setting him up to meet Leticia, so she had to push aside all her suspicions for a while.

No, she wanted to look away. She wanted to deny her suspicion.

When Tidwell finally met Leticia, she wanted to believe that Tidwell's interest would shift to Leticia.

She really wanted to believe so and relax her mind. She wanted to believe that the situation hadn't turned worse for herself yet.

If all Tidwell wanted was a simple 'family', Ravia could just play along with it as much as he wanted.

That was also what Ravia wanted, after all.

A relationship that has a slight intimacy under the pretext of family. That way, they didn't have to point their blades at each other's necks, and sometimes, they even could lean on each other.

That kind of relationship.

However, if that was false, and Tidwell's desired 'family' was significantly different from what she thought, that would be the worst scenario.

Tidwell was a psycho who must have everything he wanted. So if he wanted his fake sister, then….

She was scared that Tidwell would remove everything she could use to fight back and put her in his display case. He'd take away the knife so she couldn't stab him, and tie her legs so she couldn't run away.

Even so, that alone wouldn't be enough to satisfy him, so he would tie her hands and put her in a darkroom for him to view to his heart's content. So it seemed that she and Tidwell were the only ones left in the world.