Chapter 31

She could give many excuses at this moment.

The mansion was as quiet as a ballroom with lights off. The servants were already asleep.

Duke Leontine was not in the mansion either. Because recently he was very busy preparing for his patrol duty and often did not return home.

Today was one of those days.

It was an impulse born from the silence that enveloped the mansion.

Maybe because the coat earlier was too warm. Maybe because Herod's betrayal hurt more than she had thought.

It could be because she was overly happy that Tidwell's interest had moved to Leticia.

However, despite all that, there was something that couldn't be explained with any excuses.

This was not like her.

No, it was completely different from her usual self.

Maybe Tidwell also noticed it, so he looked at her with a lukewarm smile. His unusually chilled eyes were proof of his doubt.

“…Is there a reason why you suddenly asked me to go to your room?”

“Maybe because I woke up earlier, but I don't think I can sleep again.”

Ravia did not lose her composure at all. Her sly gaze rested insensitively on Tidwell.

“So I need to talk to someone.”

“Are you planning to make me go through my day sleepily tomorrow?”

“If you start dozing off, I'll ring a bell for you.”

“You're like a wolf in sheep's clothing, Sister.”

“I know. So are you going to refuse?”

“I'll decide after listening to your reason.”

Tidwell slowly climbed the stairs. As he got closer, Ravia had to look up to see his face.

“Is there a reason why you need me, Sister?”

“You are the reason I cannot sleep.”

Ravia reached out and grabbed Tidwell's clothes.

He didn't shake off her hand. Rather, he climbed one step nearer. As they got closer, Ravia had to look up more to see him.

As if considering Ravia's situation, Tidwell bowed his head to match her gaze.

His eyelids were half-lowered to look down at Ravia. But with him right in front of her nose, Ravia could tell.

The blue eyes had regarded her with suspicion until a while ago, but at one point, his gaze turned into a blue flame that took her breath away.

When their shadows overlapped, the man apparently took the bait.

“I want to hear it in detail. Please tell me more, Sister.”