Chapter 25

Still, he must maintain his rationality above anything else.

For that reason, Tidwell gritted his teeth to suppress his overflowing desire.

'I shouldn't be more reckless than this.'

Or else he would mess things up.

If he pushed himself more, he would eventually get a reaction from Ravia, but that was not what Tidwell wanted.

In fact, there were plenty of ways to make Ravia angry and resent him.

For instance, Ravia would probably slap him in the face if he told her that he had been fooling her by pretending to be 'Herod'.

But there was no reason for him to do that now.

If Tidwell chose to stimulate Ravia's hatred by destroying her plans and what she valued the most, it would seem that Tidwell had achieved what he wanted on the surface. But that wasn't the case.

'If my sister ended up hating me, she might fight me to death.'

He was not scared to turn Ravia into his enemy. However, he knew that he had no choice but to kill Ravia if she ever fought him to death.

A cornered mouse can bite a cat.

And Tidwell didn't want that to happen.

All he wanted was to keep Ravia by his side, and provoking her was only the basis to prevent Ravia from leaving him.

But Ravia was completely unaware of Tidwell's thoughts, so this whole situation was just confusing to her.

'Just now….'

What's going on?

The wrist that he held didn't hurt at all. The cool sensation she felt as his hand held her wrist as if it were a shackle proved that she wasn't mistaken.

Ravia didn't like to be in pain, so she should've been happy that Tidwell didn't hurt her.

But in this situation, she would rather have a sore wrist.

If he said that he wanted to see her sprain her ankle, and then held her wrist tightly, it definitely meant he was threatening Ravia. However…

'It doesn't hurt.'

Her wrist was fine.

It wasn't a threat.

Therefore, nothing had happened.

Tidwell just grabbed her wrist 'without hurting her'.

Because of that, Ravia had no choice but to ask herself, 'Why the hell?'

He's been acting as if he's an obedient and kind brother ever since, so he couldn't have said something outside of the script, could he?

There can't be such a cruel line as 'I wish my sister would twist her ankle and be unable to move without my help' in the script.

'To be precise…'

It was a line the male lead of a tragic romance novel would say.