Chapter 95

All that was left was a confession. What more did he need?

Funnily enough, it wasn’t until he was driven to the edge that he finally confessed.

His heart still beat fast even when he was betrayed and abandoned.

The way she tried to fool him with affection was insanely lovely. He was breathless as his possessive desire pushed him to the edge.

But it wasn’t the same feeling of adoration he had before.

If the kind of affection he had before was one where he didn’t even dare to tarnish Ravia’s skirts, now he wanted to tear that nobility apart. He wanted her to feel his misery.

Then, she wouldn’t be able to smile so deceptively or look at him with such a compassionate expression ever again.

He just wanted to destroy his sweet and noble sister. Just as she had destroyed him…

Thus, any affection could no longer bind him.

Thus, any betrayal couldn’t push him into despair.

Tidwell had no difficulty in obtaining information that Duke Leontine was heading to the production site.

He could easily piece things together upon receiving information that the royal family’s agents were seen entering and leaving the site.

Although what he felt wasn’t as simple as that…the situation didn’t even give him time to remain conflicted.

It was when Ravia broke her promise to return at dusk.

Everything was ruined, and there was no turning back now.

Then he heard the unsurprising news of the death of Duke Leontine, followed by Ravia’s scream.

Tidwell felt a vain sense of fulfillment for the second time.

A madman rejoicing at the crumbling sand in his hand.

That joy.

That sadness…

Would it be possible for someone to not become sad after destroying something they valued more than their own life?

Tidwell laughed. No, he cried. That wasn’t the expression of someone who was laughing. Tidwell’s face was so distorted that it was hard to tell whether he was laughing or crying.

“Everything would have been fine if you hadn’t tried to abandon me.”

I can kneel before you as long as you let me step on your shadow.

I can atone for what I have done for the rest of my life as long as you let me walk beside you.

“Isn’t it something that you brought upon yourself?”

The whispering voice trembled. The more he continued talking. The more he could see the emotion in her eyes.

Looking at the sight, Tidwell raised the corners of his mouth. He could vividly see how broken the person he held was.

The person who always looked at him with a calm gaze was filled with terrible emotions.

There was something that Tidwell was sure about.

At last, Ravia felt exactly what he felt.

He was just happy that she knew how it felt to be abandoned.

The moment when the desire to possess her filled Tidwell’s mind.

Tears finally flowed down her cheeks after she’d been staring blankly at him like a deranged person.