Chapter 72

Actually, there was another thing Rette hadn't said to Crow about the note.

About why she deliberately used cryptic messages.

Of course, the main reason was to prevent others from correctly discerning the content, but there was another reason.

She gave Ravia a choice.

'There's no such thing as not getting the code right for Ravia Leontine.'

Anyone who knew the meaning of Cheshire Cat would also get the meaning of the clock image. Rette crossed out the possibility that Ravia failed to decipher the code from the beginning.

However, Ravia might 'pretend' to not know.

That might be the case when you find a note that looks dangerous and suspicious at first glance.

Didn't it seem obvious that someone was asking for trouble?

'Ravia's life is not at stake right now. She has no reason to take the risk.'

So if Ravia didn't leave her residence because of fear, Rette will ditch her plan to tell everything.

But like always, Rette had to accept the result.

Looking at Ravia's cautious expression, Rette swung her Mary Jane shoes back and forth.

“…..Before I explain everything, I need to make it clear that calling you here today has nothing to do with Herod.”

“How are you going to prove that? Are you going to ask Herod himself to testify?”

“Of course, I can't bring Herod to testify, but I can bring another Orpheus member.”

“I don't know what Orpheus has to do with me.”

“It has more to do with you than you imagine. Why do you think people outside barely know about the current Orpheus?”

Ravia was puzzled by Rette's question.

“Well, of course, to cover up Cosmo….”

“Ah, I should change the question. It's how, not why.”

How do you think people outside barely know about Orpheus?

The answer was simple.

“You won't know anything if nobody tells you about it. Herod killed all the Orpheus members who got in his way to succeed the family.”

His father, brother, close relatives, his entire family.

As a member of a family who controlled the underworld, Herod had to shed blood, as one would expect.

“But Herod said it was inevitable. He was very insecure. He didn't want to leave room for others to take over the family.”

But there was a little disparity in his words. If Herod really 'killed the entire Orpheus,' there was something that didn't add up, and that was Quincy Orpheus.

Rette continued, “There was only one person who survived the purge at the time. He used to run a fairly large information guild, and the information they provided was excellent.”