Chapter 71

Since then, Rette had a secret goal.

It was saving Ravia Leontine's life.

It was imperative to put her life on a safe track first because meeting her in person could be done afterward.

It would have been easier to reach that goal if Rette had a more suitable physique, but Rette didn't have much time.

She kept regressing younger, and to make matters worse, Herod steadily needed Rette's ability to find the spring user.

-The good news is Ravia Leontine is a great tactician.

She knew in advance that Tidwell was an underground mafia, and she used Crow to keep Tidwell in check.

But that wasn't enough.

Ravia Leontine was clever, but she was a long way from Herod and Tidwell when it came to practicalities.

So Rette cleverly wrote a prophecy.

As a way to help Herod find the spring user, but also help save Ravia, she let Tidwell and Herod switch their hair colors at the masquerade.

-I told you last time. Those who awaken their seasonal abilities are difficult to be caught in foresight. That advice was the best I could do.

-Advice?

-I'm talking about switching the wig with Dark Flower at the party.

-Was that a prediction about the spring user?

-Yes. To minimize the penalty, I hid the prophecy and only said those words, but 3 years of my life were reduced. I couldn't see anything beyond that, and that was the best I could do.

To be exact, she hid the true prophecy to cheat her way through Summer's vigilance and minimize her penalty. Because a great amount of power will be expended the more specific the prophecy conveyed to the target.

But it'd be difficult to determine the result if she only made a prophecy that only benefitted Ravia. It was better not to let Herod know that she was helping others behind the scenes.

Unexpectedly, the result was soon revealed.

One day, Herod opened Rette's door, looking somewhat elated, and said this.

-Rette! I think I can find the spring user.

-….What? How?

-Ravia Leontine! That woman has the answer!

Rette had a hunch. This was the road that summer had paved.

As Herod didn't explain further, Rette didn't know how Ravia Leontine was the answer to finding the spring user.

But it was certain that, at this point, Herod would be a help to save Ravia.

“It's Tidwell the Dark Flower who threatens Ravia Leontine's life. And the only one who can keep Tidwell in check is Herod. So I concluded that summer was trying to push Ravia Leontine into Herod's hand.”

That's why Rette generously gave prophecies as Herod wanted. She gave him a prophecy that would bring Ravia Leontine into his hands and made it possible for Herod to obtain an invitation to the banquet which Ravia attended.