Chapter 78

Falling into a bottomless pit may be the best description of how one feels when they succumb to their impulses and frivolous feelings.

Only those who had experienced it understood how emotions could trigger their impulses.

No illusion could warp reality in such a way.

Making a moment feel like an eternity, and a simple smile can be as blinding as the sun.

Making a word feel like a guillotine blade was also a distortion made by emotions.

Can a confession be any clearer than this?

Ravia's heart raced as she watched the man who became so frail, confessing his love while his head rested on the shoulder of a woman smaller than him.

'Tidwell.'

You love me.

It was not until she heard his confession that Ravia realized the root of her anxiety.

Because she hated playing a losing game.

She worried that she couldn't be sure how to gain the upper hand in this relationship.

Why? Because in a relationship, the person who loves the most loses.

She didn't realize that she was constantly seeking confirmation.

His fervent gaze and kisses.

Every word and touch that yearned for her.

Now she knew that victory was in her hand. Even if she loved him, she would not lose in this relationship.

She was confident that his devoted love would not strangle her in the end.

And her conviction prevented her from dismissing him coldly.

'But his love is not enough to salvage my life.'

At least, it was enough to resist her fate.

So, instead of answering his confession, Ravia reiterated what she said before.

“You talk like I'm some kind of bad drug.”

Opposing her words, her hand gently stroked the man's hair.

Ravia recalled the conversation she had before leaving the 'Cheshire Cat.' Before she got up from her seat, she asked Rette,

-Summer prophecy is a prediction that produces results. Rette, can you tell me the result confirmed by your prophecy?

-All of them?

-Anything that has to do with me.

Rette thought for a moment about the prophecies she had made, then bent her little finger to begin counting.

-First, Herod succeeds in finding a spring user, and Unnie won't die until then. The prophecy said that Herod would get what he wanted from you.

-It must be referring to the deal we made at the banquet hall.

-Yeah. The prophecy is most likely fulfilled this way. Second, there is the awakening of the winter user and our encounter with him.