Chapter 93

How should he express what he felt back then?

The feeling of helplessness when something inside him was brutally smashed into pieces.

It felt like something was breaking apart into fragments and rolled down a slope.

The problem was even when he saw it happening, he didn’t even have the slightest thought to pick up those fragments.

He was frozen like a stone. He held onto the door handle like it was his lifeline.

‘This can’t be.’

He remained in denial even as he stared vacantly at those fallen fragments.

Tidwell tried to deny that voice with all his might.

But how could he not recognize that voice?

The same calm voice that managed to blur his reason and put his five senses on haywire.

That beloved stillness that resembled an afternoon rain…

His deep affection for her made it harder for him to deny.

It was Ravia beyond the door. His beloved fake sister said with her own mouth that she wanted to kick him out.

And the one she was talking with…

“But I’m still worried.”

Of course, it was his close partner.

Tidwell realized that the searing anxiety that had been stirring in his stomach all the way here was pointless.

It wasn’t the time for him to worry that Ravia would learn about the truth.

Why? Because Ravia already met the real Herod and even prepared to hit Tidwell in the back.

Tidwell unknowingly gnashed his teeth at the bewildering betrayal.

‘Did I underestimate my sister?’

No, he never did that. He always watched the pendulum swing back and forth on the thin line between Ravia and himself.

Had Tidwell ever underestimated anyone to begin with?

Underestimating people meant that he left a lot of room for his enemy because he knew a lot about them. But there wasn’t a single instance when he was like that.

Who else was as vigilant as he was?

Did Tidwell even leave any room for Ravia?

‘At best, it only occurred after the night she gave me sleeping pills.’

But to think this was the result. When did she start preparing this? How much did Ravia know?

Beyond the door, he could hear Herod’s murmur, but he couldn’t catch any of what he said.

The painful headache from the shock, and the unfamiliar sensation under his feet.

The pain of an arrow shot through his chest, and the cold air that he breathed in.

He couldn’t help but laugh. His face was terribly crestfallen. Probably he looked ridiculous if he saw himself in the mirror.

‘I knew it.’

He knew very well that Ravia didn’t want him the way he wanted her.

When he carried Ravia recklessly and made his way to the annex, what was her reason for sparking the urge that had already erupted so wildly?

Ravia didn’t want him.

She just didn’t actively push him away.

Why didn’t she push him away? He knew exactly why.