Chapter 59

Rette knew very well the preciousness of unconditional kindness.

Rette's childhood began with the memory of moving around the slums and being shunned by everyone.

Even though she was lucky enough to be born as a summer user who lived under Orpheus, that memory did not disappear.

On the contrary, she learnt from Orpheus that kindness always comes with a price.

So she wanted to repay anyone who gave her unconditional kindness.

She would do a foretelling for that person, even if her physical age would be reduced to a baby.

Therefore, Rette needed to confirm if her opponent was indeed Ravia Leontine.

No matter what her heart was telling her, it wasn't enough.

She had to hear it directly from the person's mouth that she was Ravia.

That way, everything she wants to do now and in the future for her sake will be useful.

Unfortunately, the woman did not seem to reveal her identity easily.

But Rette knew how to prove her identity.

The Cheshire Cat question.

Among all the customers who asked for a messenger, only Ravia replied with the right answer.

So Rette was going to back out if she couldn't answer this question.

“What do you think 'Cheshire Cat' means?”

“…I know a salon with that name.”

Ravia's first answer was quite disappointing. She kept a poker face, seemingly a little wary of Rette.

But Ravia didn't stop there.

“The salon asked me the same thing. Is this some kind of test?”

“…Maybe.”

“Cheshire Cat” has general meanings. It means something that exists anywhere and nowhere.”

Rette nodded instead of answering. Ravia was right.

“Yes, but-” Rette said.

AD
“But that's not the answer you want, right?”

Rette looked up as if she had been shot by an arrow. Then she found Ravia with a more relaxed expression than before.

“I'm sorry, but I won't answer. My answer is more precious than 'time'.”

And that is exactly what Rette wanted to hear. The real meaning of Cheshire Cat, something that exists anywhere and nowhere, was time.

That was enough.

'Herod's not here yet.'

Herod told her to find Ravia and left, saying that he had business to take care of. Coming to a place like this meant that he had to deal with his personal connection.