Chapter 37

However, suddenly changing her course due to her anxiety might suffocate her instead. Maybe that's what Tidwell had been targeting.

'After all, pretending to give your opponent space to wriggle while laying a trap is an old strategy.'

What should I do?

Ravia opened her clenched hand after much deliberation. The clear nail marks on her palms gradually disappeared.

Ravia opened her mouth calmly.

“Since you took another child as your successor and wanted to marry me off, it's quite surprising that you'd appoint me as your substitute.”

“Tidwell doesn't know much about Leontine yet, does he? In times like this, you should help him as his older sister.”

“Well, I'm not sure what he'll think when he sees his older sister filling in the lord's position.”

What if he thought I wanted that position?

Ravia added some self-deprecating remarks inwardly and smiled bitterly.

Duke Leontine seemed upset by Ravia's response, but more than angry, he seemed to find it surprising.

She could see that he was a little upset, but Duke Leontine's voice rang more clearly than ever.

“I just thought you'd like it.”

“Ah, is that it? It's candy that will be taken away from you, but since you've been anticipating it so much, should I let you taste it once?”

“…Ravia.”

“Don't worry. Is there a day when I act against your will?”

Since it had come to this, there was nothing else she could do. She had to see where Tidwell was trying to lead her.

“If you want me to fill in the lord's position, then I will comply.”

Ravia looked at the hero she had once admired. It was natural for a child to crave love from her family, but in Ravia's case, the feelings were closer to obsession rather than craving.

My Leontine.

This is the only place I belong, so I only depended on it and cried when I was betrayed by my own expectations.

When Ravia finally gave up trying, ironically, she discovered that she wasn't the reason for her mistreatment and disposal.

'Was it because of my mother's affair?'

That day, she overheard the conversation between Duke Leontine and the butler.

-I know that I must cherish my child. But I can't help but see that she's so different from me, so what should I do….

-Your Excellency.

-I'd prefer it if my emotions were the only problem here. But if Ravia is really not my child, does that mean the silver haired bloodline ends with my generation?

Duke Leontine was constantly in agony. He was placed in a situation where he must suspect his beloved wife for having an affair even after her death.