Chapter 75

Violetta dreamed of reuniting with her lover after resolving their misunderstanding, but she was already on her deathbed.

Ravia was all too familiar with that feeling of despair.

For there were things in the world that were irreversible.

Ravia's plan was simply to kick Tidwell out of the family. She and Tidwell were both aware that if things continued in this manner, they would be forever entangled in a relationship that others deemed inappropriate.

So she tried to help him in exacting his revenge and leaving Leontine without losing anything. That way, they could start their relationship from scratch.

But as Rette said, Ravia must turn her back on Tidwell 'completely.' Tidwell must suffer the shock of being abandoned.

In addition to removing Tidwell from the family, she also had to part ways with him.

The result would be clear if Ravia abandoned Tidwell. She couldn't have imagined wanting him the way she did, at best, she had to maintain their relationship just so she won't be killed.

If, by chance, Tidwell's love still persists even if they were bound by the word 'family.' His emotions will dry out, and they will never return to their current relationship.

However, the fear of her impending fate made it difficult to continue their current relationship.

The awakening of winter power had already been decided.

The path was clear because the summer prophecy about winter power was already written. The outcome will not change.

'All that's left is the process.'

Ravia smiled bitterly, as if finding the cruel fact amusing.

There was never a single time when fate was on her side.

How she wished to make her peaceful and happy dream from a few days ago come true.

How she wished that her dream wasn't just merely an overnight illusion.

But right from the start, it was something that could never be achieved.

Was that why she felt like a snowman left out in the hot summer sun?

Was her inner turmoil under her outward calm an omen of her cruel future?

Ravia was aware of the source of her anxiety.

She recalled that Tidwell had never expressed his feelings verbally, so Ravia could only guess his heart through his expressions and behavior.

His eager gaze to win her over, as well as his favorite gesture of burying his face in her hand.

Those gestures were so honest that anyone who knew him could tell how much he desired her, and no words were needed to ascertain his feelings.

That was enough to alleviate Ravia's loneliness, which even her closest companion, Odette, couldn't relieve.

Who would have imagined that a young man, who used to kneel before her and smile like any other young man his age at her single stroke, would dig through the crack in her heart?