Chapter 29

“Are you telling me…the first portrait isn't Quincy?”

“Where in the world did you see Quincy that you are greatly mistaken like this?”

He was so confident in the information he brought to the point he was upset by Ravia not believing it was accurate.

And so, that leaves Ravia with a question,

'So I didn't offer a deal to the real Herod?'

Which confused her even more.

Ravia put the portraits side by side for a moment and quickly came to her senses.

She didn't have the time to be hesitant even if there was a disruption in her plans.

'I should've expected the possibility of my plan not going exactly the way I planned it.'

Both Herod and Tidwell are shady people who dwelled in the underworld. She was careless to believe their words right away.

Ravia admitted her mistake.

'This situation isn't the worst. At least, I can recognize their actual appearances.'

If she wasn't able to recognize the faces in the portraits, she would have certainly felt so dejected, but fortunately, she could as they were familiar.

The reason as to why they were familiar to her is because the actual appearances of the two were each other's.

The 'uninvited guest' she met at Velocio Theatre, whom she thought was Quincy, was actually Herod.

A fiery-looking man with red eyes and red hair.

'Now that I think about it, his behavior was definitely slightly too mischievous for someone who is just a subordinate.'

I believed he was Herod's subordinate, so I asked Crow Tit to look into him because I thought he was one of Herod's trusted subordinates that held an important position in the organization.

Since the beginning, I genuinely thought that the one I've been meeting with was the real Herod, but to think it's just his subordinate…

'No wonder it felt a little weird.'

At least, she finally understood the reason as to why his voice when they met again differed from when they first met.

It wasn't Herod, so it only made sense that there was a subtle difference in his voice.

'As expected, I should've checked his face when we first met.'

It was a mistake. Even if that was the case, the water had already spilled, so there was nothing she could do.

Again, the situation was not the worst.

Knowing that the Herod she met at their first meeting was the real Herod, Ravia came to the conclusion that Herod must've made a decision to send a substitute instead of meeting her again in person.

He just acted accordingly in a situation where he was still suspicious of her.

It wasn't a big deal.