Chapter 22

“You don't remember making eye contact with me before you left?”

Ravia replied sharply, but the unwelcome guest only grinned.

“That lasted for a very short time, didn't it? As you know, there are people in the world who don't recognize faces well.”

“What a shame. I'll be pushed to the edge of the cliff if I don't at least remember that much.”

The social world had been humiliating her so much that the answer came out of her mouth easily, but she still had to take a breath to calm her erratic heart.

'Why is this man here all of sudden? Did he come with Herod? Even so, Herod just left the box seat with me earlier, didn't he?'

What kind of situation is this?

At other times, she would have been second to none at hiding her innermost feelings, but she couldn't even control her facial expression now due to shock.

On the other hand, Herod was admiring the scene before him.

Her widened eyes were trembling weakly just like a flower that was perched on by a butterfly, and her breath, which escaped through the gaps of her lips, revealed her desperation.

The last time he saw her, she was so calm that seeing her like this was so unexpected.

'She's unexpectedly tempting.'

Now he understood why it was hard to curse at that foolish man for being infatuated with his sister.

Herod clicked his tongue internally. From what he heard a moment ago, the current Tidwell was acting like a complete fool. Not to mention, it was solely because of this woman.

Who knew he'd be using those old earrings to trick his sister?

Herod couldn't help but laugh.

'Spring power, contract marriage.'

Tidwell even pretended to be him.

Herod recalled the time when he overheard the conversation between Tidwell and Ravia.

When she first spoke of the spring power, I thought my heart had completely stopped.

How does she know that I've been looking for spring users?

In addition, there was one more thing he could infer from what Tidwell said.

'Tidwell, you had no intention to kill your sister from the start?'

When I heard their conversation and how my partner had turned into a complete fool, my heart was torn apart.

This man was bound to be successful if he stays on his track, but why does he set his eyes on the woman he has to kill?

'This woman believes that everything you do is just an act.'

What kind of skit is this? What if things go wrong at this rate?

It would be a different story if Tidwell was also interested in spring power, but by the time Ravia left the box seat, Herod already made up his mind.