Chapter 89

She just got caught up in a long conversation and realized she couldn’t wait any longer.

She didn’t want to argue with Heint or waste her time on pointless matters.

It was her only opportunity to stop any misunderstandings brought on by her father’s impatience.

But Heint wasn’t as compliant as she thought either.

It was shown by the fact that he left her in the care of his most trusted henchman, Vincent.

Vincent frowned when he heard Ravia.

“I’m sorry, milady. I can’t let you go.”

“Is that so? Then I’ll ask you why you’re blocking me.”

“Isn’t that something you already know? I am required to assist milady here as per my master’s order.”

“I like how eloquent you are. I know that he didn’t specify it, but as far as I heard he said…”

“May I first ask why you want to return to the residence?”

“My outfit is uncomfortable. I want to change, but I don’t have any clothes here. There’s no place to buy more right now.”

“I’m sure you’ll be able to bear that much.”

As expected, things would turn out this way.

Ravia remained calm despite Vincent’s obstinacy.

Above all, she had expected that her father’s careful nature would prevent her from being left unsupervised.

Vincent, a henchman her father trusted, would probably be the guard dog.

That fact was a great relief for Ravia.

Because Ravia knew Vincent’s weakness.

“Vincent, I’m not completely disobeying my father’s order. It won’t matter if I return before my father, right?”

“Why…does it sound impossible?”

“Why do you think it’s impossible?”

“Once you enter the residence, it’ll be hard to leave without being caught.”

“Only if you use the front door,”

But Ravia knew of the side door that was unknown to anyone.

A side door that was very close to the annex, and was often used by Ravia for her secret outings.

“All you have to do is just park the carriage next to the wall I tell you. The wall is close to the annex, so we can call Clovia, the maid of the annex, and ask her to bring some of my clothes.”

Vincent’s face subtly stiffened when she mentioned Clovia. And that was just as Ravia intended.

Vincent harbored feelings for Clovia.

She happened to know it as time went by.

As they spent time together in the annex, talking about unimportant things, Ravia learned a lot about Clovia.

The fact that Clovia was never included in the role-choosing process when playing tag because, if she was selected as a tagger, no one could catch her.

The fact that maids become haughtier the higher the floors they were responsible for. And Clovia was thankful to the maid who managed the fourth floor for being nice to her. Because Clovia was very sociable, Ravia would just sit back and gather information about Clovia’s private life.

But one day, Clovia went silent.

Not only was she silent, but it seemed she mulled over something seriously.