Chapter 36

She felt her blood run cold instantly.

The fact that there were indeed similarities between Herod's substitute and Tidwell pushed Ravia into a corner.

The worst assumption passed through her mind.

'If Tidwell was really Herod's substitute, is he planning to leave me to die at Tidwell's hand after raking out as much information from me…..?'

“No, it can't be. It's just my assumption.”

Herod wasn't someone who handled things in this fashion.

He must know that Ravia met him behind Tidwell's back, so he wouldn't do such a sloppy action like sending a substitute to Ravia and pretending not to know Tidwell.

So that must have been an outrageous idea, but then why did the earring come out of Tidwell's drawer?

'How nice will it be if it's really just a coincidence?'

But she couldn't shake it off easily this time.

But then again, a plain emerald earring was such a common design. Perhaps it was just the same model?

For now, she wanted to believe that the earring hidden in the gap of his drawer was coincidentally similar to what Herod's substitute wore.

Ravia took the earring out of the drawer with a trembling hand.

Then she had to put a meticulous effort to return the drawer to its original state.

Her hands couldn't stop shaking.

She barely adjusted herself to the feeling of incompatibilities and calmed herself down.

The drawer was pushed to the end, and suddenly it was noisy outside the room.

Naturally, it was time for the residents in this mansion to start their morning activities, but Ravia couldn't help but feel anxious.

Tidwell was resistant to sleeping pills.

What if the medicine was only effective for a short while, so Tidwell abruptly woke up and noticed her absence?

And what if he headed to his room?

Ravia and Tidwell's rooms were located at opposite ends of the hallway. If Tidwell leaves Ravia's room now, she'd be no different than a rat in a trap.

At that moment, all sorts of thoughts passed through Ravia's mind. There was so much to calculate.

If Tidwell woke up and left her room as assumed, then she shouldn't open the door right now. Because she'd be caught right away.

'But is there a way to avoid it?'

Tidwell was sensitive to people's presence. Even if Ravia hid herself in the room, she was more likely to be caught.

Eventually, Ravia decided to use the Ockham's Razor again this time.

She opened the door without any hesitation.