Chapter 18

Leticia always felt greatly obligated to Tidwell because of her debt, while Tidwell, as someone with a twisted personality, always felt that Leticia only stayed by his side because of the debt.

At first, it only made a small crack in their relationship, but the crack grew bigger over time, and later on, it became like this:

“You only see me as a prostitute you bought with your money, don't you?!”

Those words would often be spewed out ever so easily, and each time they were said, they never failed to bore a deep wound into their hearts, which grew bigger over time.

'The misunderstanding between the two was unavoidable due to the nature of the novel.'

However, that wasn't necessary anymore.

Ravia wished Leticia to be happy. Ravia wished for Leticia's happiness just as much as she wished for her own happiness.

Since we've been through hardships, shouldn't we have the right to be happy with our loved ones?

'Moreover, she's the heroine.'

And Ravia felt the same way for Tidwell.

After she comforted Tidwell in the library, she was able to slightly understand Tidwell's feelings of emptiness.

That's why Ravia wanted him to meet the heroine so as to fill up the emptiness in his heart.

For that to happen, Ravia met Leticia at Velocio Theatre, and gave her a cheque that contained a huge amount, saying that she was a fan of Leticia who wanted to sponsor her. The cheque was issued under the name of Leontine, but Ravia made sure to emphasize that it was her who sent the cheque, not Tidwell.

'I really feel like a sister who is paying for her brother's wedding gift.'

Although it was only a joke, she somehow felt pleased at the thought of it.

Didn't I just stop the biggest portion of their hardships from happening? Now, Leticia can love Tidwell wholeheartedly.

'As for me…'

I will leave everything behind and seek my own happiness.

I will meet Herod tomorrow, write a marriage contract, and announce our marriage. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

She was relieved at the thought that everything she yearned so much for was just around the corner. For that reason, Ravia happily returned to the mansion, and continued to read [Sophistry and Hypocrisy].

She has only finished reading less than half the book before she left for Velocio Theatre. But, upon her return, she was able to read it at a frightening speed so much so that she almost finished the book. Then, it was when she was deeply immersed in her book that…

“Sister.”

Tidwell returned.

His aura slightly changed every time she saw him. What's more, he seemed to have become anxious ever since he heard that she rejected all her marriage offers.

Ravia understood Tidwell's anxiety.

I told him I was going to get married, but not long after, I rejected all the marriage offers I had, so he must've thought I lied to him.