Chapter 88

It was quite obvious what was going to happen.

Ravia’s return would undoubtedly be delayed as long as she was at the villa, and Heint held on to her.

Or worse, she couldn’t return to the mansion at all.

Then, Tidwell would find it odd that she broke her own word and didn’t return home for a long time.

But if Heint could report Tidwell to the Emperor before Tidwell discovered Ravia, the situation might get much better.

Setting aside Tidwell’s feelings, there was nothing a prisoner could do.

But I must be aware of the man who pulled the strings.

‘Herod.’

Tidwell’s close friend who pushed him over the edge so he could swallow Leontine without hesitation. He informed the Emperor of Dark Flower and persuaded him to believe Tidwell would make a great prey.

And Herod’s plan worked quite well in or Ravia’s previous life. As Tidwell murdered the entire Leontine and took over the family at his whim, the Emperor was having trouble getting rid of the only Leontine left who succeeded the duchy.

But it was a different story now.

Now that Ravia had seen through Herod’s scheme, Tidwell’s punishment was inevitable.

It was clear that Herod had partnered up with Tidwell and would also bear the consequences if things continued this way.

This meant that Herod would soon try to save Tidwell.

Ravia even asked Herod to look after Tidwell as part of their agreement.

After a little deliberation, Herod readily answered Ravia’s request to look after Tidwell.

-Alright. We’ll be good to go if we can solve the biggest problem.

-The biggest problem?

-What else is there? I’m talking about His Majesty.

The outcome won’t be good because they left him in the Emperor’s hands to be dealt with in accordance with the law.

-It would be good if we could just deal with the problem with money, but I suppose that would still be difficult.

-Do you have any solution?

-In this situation, we have to make one even if it doesn’t exist.

Herod replied as if it was only natural, and spoke again.

-Fortunately, His Majesty’s intention is quite easy to read. Emperors who attempted to suppress the underworld throughout history would often be only looking for a justification.

Serving as the foundation for the underworld, the slums were built by individuals who were not given governmental support from the start.

As a result, from the monarch’s perspective, it was simply rubbish that was difficult to deal with.

So there must be a proper justification to touch that rotten rubbish.

It was either when the Imperial family needed a distraction from the power struggle or when they faced a major backlash from the public.

-Why would the Emperor bother to touch the underworld now that Blue has risen to power? We need to add oil to the fire.

So they needed to fan the flames as well as prepare the bail money for Tidwell at any cost. Herod said.

-I have to do it anyway. I’ll be doomed if I don’t look for Tidwell because we’re both in the same boat.

It was something he already had in mind even if Ravia hadn’t asked him. He wanted Tidwell to not suffer much damage regardless of his sin.