Chapter 44

Deception.

Tidwell couldn't help but laugh inwardly when such a word issued from Ravia's mouth.

'Deception, huh? You have quite the nerve to say that when you were the one who fed me sleeping pills.'

No. It was hilarious how she went a roundabout way just to justify her action. It was even more hilarious when he recalled the visitor to the mansion in the afternoon when Ravia left.

“Ah, we meet again, Little Duke of Leontine.”

“….Leticia.”

Beautiful golden eyes and flowing pink hair.

A woman with her long wavy hair pulled into a half ponytail smiled ardently at Tidwell.

He was getting ready to go out then and was startled by the unanticipated guest.

What is Primadonna Leticia doing in the Leontine residence?

“We met not too long ago, but I didn't expect to see you again like this.”

“I feel the same way. What brings you here?”

“Ah, that's…”

A shy blush rose on Leticia's cheeks at Tidwell's friendly answer.

“I need to speak with Miss Ravia on an urgent matter.”

Ravia.

Tidwell's perfect smile narrowly cracked upon hearing that name from Leticia. Of course, it was only a split second, so even Tidwell himself wasn't conscious of it.

“…Do you have an appointment with my sister?”

“There's no appointment or such. I just came because of an urgent matter .”

“Ah, is that so? I talked to my sister last night, but she didn't say anything about your visit.”

“Oh…”

“Indeed, my sister isn't someone who would head outside when there's an appointment to attend to. You said it was urgent, too. I'm sorry for telling you this.”

So quit talking about my sister and get lost.

Tidwell meant to say that, but Leticia seemed to misunderstand.

“No, it's fine. Thank you for comforting me. I'm really fine….”

It was far from comforting. To make it worse, she became even more sullen for some reason.

Does this insignificant woman know how many emotional changes she went through in this short period of time?

'First, she smiled, then got embarrassed, and now she's sullen.'

It was annoyingly obvious. What's more, the 'kind gentleman' façade he had been playing required him to not leave the sullen lady alone.

But Tidwell failed to recall that he was annoyed by Ravia's stony feelings just a few hours ago.

If anyone heard his thoughts, they would think that Tidwell was a fickle person.