Chapter 48

The butler's wicked impulse and desire made quite an uproar in his mind. Therefore, he couldn't possibly turn a blind eye to it.

As the one he wanted to own was right in front of his eyes, he couldn't help but reach out his hand.

Especially if it was the person who once reached out to him.

If the person who tamed him through attachment and familiarity reached out to him when he almost fell from the edge of loneliness….

Ravia looked visibly puzzled at Tidwell's abrupt invitation. But she didn't even question his strange request just like how she usually was.

Since there was no response from Ravia, Tidwell quickly thought of an excuse.

“…It doesn't have to be my room. If you want, we can go to the library or the annex.”

No, I don't mind anywhere as long as we can be together.

The more I can be away from reality, the better it is.

To the place where I can stop worrying about what awaits me in the morning and be content with the fact that Ravia is by my side.

Any place where no hypocrisy or pretense could separate us….

As he was engaged in inner turmoil, Tidwell's extended arm touched Ravia's hand.

“Tidwell.”

Only then did he look up. No, he didn't realize that he had been avoiding her gaze.

Ravia took one step closer and looked at him. She was puzzled, and the question 'What's wrong?' was written all over her face.

How funny would it be if that worried face is simply an act to deceive me?

That very pretense lit a fuse in his heart. He stopped making a pointless excuse. Instead, he began to talk again.

“I don't have any work to do right now. I just don't want to be alone.”

So, will you accompany me?

Ravia was momentarily speechless by his persistent request. But she didn't give Tidwell the answer he wanted.

She just took a step back, averted her gaze, and made an excuse.

“…But Father is home today.”

Tidwell laughed sardonically at her answer.

Haha.

“Do you mean someone who doesn't even step on the third floor?”

“The servants haven't fallen asleep yet. I don't want to make a noise.”

“If there's anyone who dares to gossip about their owners' private lives, they will have their tongue cut off first.”

“Tidwell, remember that we all have one tongue, but also two eyes.”

You could cut their tongue to silence them, but you couldn't get rid of their gazes.