Chapter 74

Cheshire Cat learned of the existence of someone who can rewind time, and began the search for winter users right away.

The means they used this time were different from that of Herod.

“Do you know how the Four Seasons' power awakens?”

“For all I know, it's when they synchronize with the keyword of their respective seasons.”

Don't tell me this information is false, too?

As Ravia seemed to hold back from saying her thoughts aloud, Rette nodded lightly.

“That information is correct. But I found 'synchronize' itself a fairly ambiguous term.”

Not to mention the keywords in each season weren't clearly expressed.

Come to think of it, how could one 'synchronize' with words such as growth or immaturity, or maturity and restart?

So Rette generously gave an example.

“In the case of autumn, the user will be constantly pushed to the height of maturity. The users will continue getting mature beyond their actual age, and their power will awaken once their mind breaks down as they pass the height of maturity.”

In other words, those whose minds are older than their actual age must deal with major skepticism, paranoia, pridefulness, and self-satisfaction.

“The change in hair color is a sign of awakening.”

“Are you saying Herod's original hair color wasn't red?”

“He had black hair by nature. It changes to red as the result of awakening.”

“Coincidentally, red hair is not that uncommon in Orpheus, so it wasn't a very noticeable trait,” Crow concluded. Ravia looked surprised for a moment and asked again.

“What about you, Rette?”

“I used to have dirty gray hair. That color is pretty common in the slums.”

Bright and vivid hair colors are equivalent to an identity card. The lower the rank, the more blood mixed, the murkier or duller their hair color became.

Rette's current hair was a vivid jade color akin to an evergreen forest. Rette looked down at her hair for a moment, and returned to the issue.

“…Anyway, it should be noted that the hair color changes parallel with the season during the awakening process. The timing is different for each person. That's why Herod tried to find the spring user using this method.”

Those who had already awakened their power could not be seen in the eyes of summer. So Herod sent his people to ask around if there was someone who had a sudden change of hair color, but it was all for naught.

Of course, that was what Herod struggled with nowadays, but Ravia knew the truth more or less. So she asked,

“So, are you trying to find winter users in the same way?”

“Well, it's similar, but my side was more fortuitous. I wasn't sure if the spring user had fully awakened, but I caught the winter user for sure. And you were the one who caught the clue that led to that foresight.”