Chapter 94

Tidwell had never once regretted being so open with Ravia.

After all, he was the one who caught feelings first. He was the one who opened the door without permission and peeked outside. How could he blame her?

Ravia figured out his situation thanks to the small hints he dropped here and there, so he wouldn’t dare to blame her.

Unless.

She tried to use all those hints to throw him out.

Beyond the door, Herod asked in a surprised tone.

“Don’t you think it’d be much easier to kill Tidwell after he gives up on Leontine?”

“So I opened a small path for him to reach his goal. He won’t even be obsessed with Leontine if there’s another way to achieve his goal.”

Her voice, as she answered, sounded compassionate.

It was rather fortunate that no one was watching him, because he couldn’t help but smile.

He smiled like that not because of Ravia, but because he recalled his past actions.

Again, what was his motive for poisoning Duke Leontine in Velocio Theater?

It was to set the stage for Ravia to become the head of the family.

He wanted to see Ravia be as ambitious as himself.

He was wondering if Ravia at that time was just as blind as himself now.

There were two things that Tidwell thought of when he realized that Ravia was completely aware of his circumstance, including the fact that he had fooled her and the reason he had come to Leontine.

Anger and hatred.

There was hardly any trace of goodwill left.

Wouldn’t it be right to rip off the crocodile’s snout if it were after Leontine?

Without a doubt, if he had been in her position he would have killed his opponent.

Wouldn’t it be more convenient to use Herod to kill him than using such a cumbersome method?

His cheap life didn’t deserve to be pitied by anyone.

What was so difficult about killing someone who had trampled on many lives?

Even if she strangled him right now, it wouldn’t be weird at all.

A conman who deceived her and stole her place.

Nevertheless, what was the point of using such a cumbersome method?

A cheap sympathy for abandoning him? Or affection? Thinking of the latter, Tidwell shook off his thoughts as if he were fed up.

No way.

Sympathy was possible, but definitely not affection.

No, it might have been possible. He hoped so earnestly for it to be true.

If her affection for him was the reason she went with such a tedious method rather than just killing him…

The moment when he, who didn’t believe in a god, bowed his head and held the door handle as if confessing his sins.

Ravia’s voice pierced his ears.

“…We were strangers from the beginning.”

Ah.

“So it doesn’t matter. We’ll just go back to square one. Regardless of my intention, my father will know everything soon.”

Haha.