Chapter 65

The starting point of this encounter was the discovery of the suspicious earring.

-Aren't you curious why is this in his hand? I thought you'd ask about this first.

It was strange that she never brought it up until the end of the deal.

-I found it strange that someone who is capable of rewriting the deal can turn a blind eye toward something as suspicious as that.

-….You're right. I initially thought of asking you first.

In the first place, she planned this 'accidental' meeting to find out the truth. Perhaps it was true that Tidwell was Herod's substitute whom she met at Velocio Theater.

-But there's no point in knowing that now.

Whether Tidwell really deceived her or not, she had devised a plan to kick him out of the family, essentially deceiving him as well.

So the way she avoided talking about it might be a sign of guilt, or she was simply a fool who lacked the courage to face the truth.

But there was no other choice.

It is said that every silenced truth can turn into poison, but there are truths that can kill if not silenced.

So Ravia left the balcony without hearing about the earring.

Perhaps if she learned that, she couldn't return to when she hadn't heard it.

She was barely able to lean her heart on Tidwell, and if she knew about what kind of trick he used to deceive her….

Ravia couldn't accept him anymore.

At best, her heart would be broken into pieces, and then….

'And then I'll be alone…..'

Then no one would understand what she felt inside. Everything will return to when Tidwell hadn't entered the Leontine family.

A chill crept up her spine as she remembered that time, and it truly made her sick. Perhaps it'd be much easier to embrace this strange anxiety that clung to her.

So, she closed her eyes.

As always.

From Marquis Callister, from Herod, from the truth about the earring.

As if her gaze was only filled with Tidwell right now.

Ravia turned her head and slowly opened her mouth.

“….What are you going to do now?”

“Are you talking about going to Marquis Callister?”

“No, are you going to stay in this banquet hall any longer?”

Tidwell looked up while deliberately interlocking his fingers with hers.

“It's not even midnight yet. What if the Marquis is looking for us?”

“But I think we're done here since you did the greeting in the name of Leontine.”