Chapter 16

The thought that they wouldn't be able to see each other frequently irritated him more than her becoming someone else's wife.

He was with Ravia before coming to see Herod today. Their meeting place was in the library as usual.

Whenever they met, Tidwell always paid attention to Ravia as she sat on the windowsill stuffed with cushions to read. Most of the time, their meetings went on silently.

Of course, sometimes they had small talks.

-Do you like books?

-Yes. To me, books act as my teachers and my friends. Thus, I will always visit the library until I finish all the books on the bookshelf.

Ravia seemed very thrilled as she spoke, which was enough to make Tidwell happy.

For him, the time they spent together was the only time he could rest. But if Ravia gets married, he wouldn't be able to experience that moving forward.

That wasn't all. Even if it was only a contract marriage, they would have to fulfill their duties as a couple. No, even if they didn't go that far, she'd still spend a lot of time together with her husband.

He could kiss her blonde hair, or hug her without hesitation. What's more, there's only one bed in a couple's bedroom, so at night…

Bang!

“Tidwell!” As Herod shouted, Tidwell came to his senses.

He wondered why Herod suddenly shouted, but it seemed as though he did so because the gun in his hand seemed to have drilled a hole on the table.

Tidwell stared blankly at the gun in his hand, while Herod sighed and touched his forehead in dismay.

“From now on, place your gun over there. Thank you very much.”

“….I didn't do it on purpose.”

“Yes. No one intentionally makes a hole in someone else's mahogany table. You're not even a carpenter, are you?”

Herod was extremely upset. One might think that he was upset because Tidwell punctured his expensive table, but Herod's anger was due to a different reason.

“What the hell has she done to you? You've been out of it ever since I mentioned her. Does this mean you didn't spare her because she wasn't dangerous, but because you can't kill her?”

He lashed out his frustration towards his partner. Usually, Tidwell was a rational person. No, he was more of a cynical person.

He wasn't someone who could easily be swayed by anything, so what's wrong with him now?

Herod simply couldn't understand.

Ravia Leontine.

Herod acknowledged her striking appearance. But is Ravia the only one with such an appearance?

Furthermore, Tidwell was a man who could get any woman he wanted. There are quite a number of men in the underworld who can do the same as well.

Additionally, even if his taste is a lady of noble origin, since he will become the Duke of Leontine soon, he will eventually get what he desires easily.