Chapter 51

As always, everything started with common greed.

When someone who desired higher status, wealth, honor, etc., and someone who benefitted from that desire, joined hands.

In this case, the former was the co-owner of the Rose Quartz company, which was operated by Tidwell's father, Richter, and the latter was Marquis Callister.

The Rose Quartz's co-owner, Leverant, was commonly referred to as the Black Beast.

He and Richter built the Rose Quartz until it became a top-tier company, but Leverant thought he deserved all the credit for the success of the company.

He thought he was the one who built the Rose Quartz from scratch, and Richter unfairly stole his credit and lived well by himself.

So Leverant wanted to kick Richter out and take over the Rose Quartz company. For him, that was the right thing to do.

But the phrase 'kick him out' was another way of saying that he would kill Richter. Because as the owner of a thriving business, Richter couldn't suddenly leave the company on his own.

However, it was difficult for Leverant to eliminate Richter alone. There were many difficulties, but the biggest obstacle among them was how to conceal the murder.

Richter was a pretty well-known owner of a huge company, and his wealth was no match for Leverant's.

In addition, Richter also had good connections, so even if he tried to turn the people to his side, he would fail miserably.

Leverant knew that it was impossible to cover up the murder completely when Richter was killed in a rather 'suspicious accident'.

He decided to reach out to someone in a much higher position. A high-ranking person who couldn't be touched by 'Blue' or people from lower class.

And he found the perfect person.

It was rumored that Marquis Callister emptied out his savings for relief aid every year, but he held powers and public trust just as much as he emptied his savings. He was the best person for Leverant's plan.

-Marquis, I will give you my full support so you can conduct relief activities as much as you want.

-Even so, I don't want to get involved in murder.

-Murder? It's not like that at all. You just need to make a minor accident.

What he proposed was to 'accidentally' mix poison into the Richter family dinner.

At first, Marquis Callister refused the idea, but the oil lamp in an empty room accidentally fell and burned his entire mansion. So he had to sell his land immediately because he was in a difficult financial situation.

The proportion of relief aid was not much different from usual, but the income from his estate was low due to the bad harvest that year.

There was a little to no income due to the bad harvest, but his spending remained the same. Even his relief activity had become an insufferable burden that eventually ate away at him.

Marquis Callister, who was striving to end poverty, ironically failed to end his own poverty and joined hands with evil.

And so, everything happened on a Friday evening. At Tidwell's family, there was a custom where they would always have a family dinner on Friday evening.