Chapter 5

“Aren't you going to throw me away now that I'm useless?”

“Throw you away? How can you say that….!”

“Am I wrong?”

Duke Leontine's eyebrows twitched at Ravia's sharp answer.

Perhaps it was still awkward for him to raise his voice at her, so the Duke quelled his anger and answered.

“…I don't want you to carry false hope.”

“What do you mean by false hope?”

“If I let you be, you'll want to be my successor, right?”

“Your Grace the Duke.”

She didn't even call him 'father'. Instead, Ravia called his formal title with a smile.

“I have been the Young Duke for the past 26 years. So does it make sense for you to say I'm carrying false hope?”

“That's the past, and now, your brother is here.”

“Yes. However, aren't you trying to sell me to other families regardless?”

“You have no manners, Ravia Leontine.”

“As a Leontine, I was taught to be proud and not to bend easily.”

Even if she was an abandoned successor, what she learned stayed within her. She gave up her succession, not herself.

Ravia sympathized with herself in the novel.

As soon as Tidwell appeared, everything around her abandoned her as if they were waiting for this moment.

So how many times did she have to prove that she wasn't damaged goods? How hard did she struggle not to lose herself?

She would rather go crazy. How much pain did her current self have to suffer for her to change this much?

She didn't even want to imagine.

So Ravia continued to talk.

“Don't worry. I will not go against this family's wish and get married.”

“….Really?”

“However, not with the candidates that father picked.”

Although she hadn't seen them yet, Ravia was aware that each candidate her father picked had an issue.

One guy was a cheater, one guy had ejaculatory dysfunction, and the other was a squanderer. Since all the candidates were like that, it was reasonable that Ravia in the novel went crazy.

But sadly, they were the best option for her.

'Unproven noble blood like me is really worthless.'

Ravia thought as she saw the portraits of candidates placed upside-down in front of Duke Leontine.

She was clearly the only daughter of Duke Leontine, but at the same time, she was also an unproven daughter.