Chapter Three Getting Melinda checked out

February 17th

(Loona Goetia Mayday)

Once I had used my teleportation magic to travel to the outskirts of Pentagram City where I decided to walk the three miles to PCGH where Melinda could get checked over any injuries, As I walked I felt Melinda begin to stir in my arms and when she had opened her eyes and we both had locked eyes she began to whimper in fear.

What caused her to whimper in fear was that once we had entered Pentagram City I transformed back into my hellhound form which must've terrified the young girl, As I held the little girl in my arms I could feel the maternal instincts that I never knew I had come to life, Shh shh sweetie I got you!

Once I had reached the hospital I walked through the sliding doors of the main entrance and I then made my way up to the front desk, once there I was then handed a clipboard with a piece of paper on it, I then filled in the limited information on Melinda that I had and then I walked up to the front desk and I handed it back to the receptionist.

The hellhound receptionist who is a good friend of mine Viviana said Alright Loona Dr Aldrich will be with you and the little one soon I simply just nodded my head, I then walked back to the waiting room once I had reached my chair I saw that Melinda was shaking, I then wrapped my tail around her, Melinda looked at me and then she asked, Where's my mama miss doggy?

I couldn't help but chuckle at what she just called normally I would've ripped someone's throat out if anyone else called me a dog, I then said Melinda honey I'm so sorry your mommy didn't make it her booboos were to fatal for me to save her, secondly I'm not a dog I'm a hellhound, thirdly you're in Hell and fourth my name's Loona, Melinda asked with a quivering voice you mean where all the bad people are Ms Loona?

I then said the same though things have changed over the centuries kiddo and He'll has become more modernized and each main city in each ring is like its like a city in the living world, I then continued to answer Melinda's questions until Dr Lana Aldrich had walked over to us, fun fact Lana just so happens to be my older sister and we both were from the same hellhound litter before mom and dad took me to the adoption center.

Lana then said Loona please follow me and so I picked up Melinda into my arms and I then followed my eldest sister through the door and we continued until Lana stopped at room number 14, and she said please go inside Loona! I am not one to argue with my older sister and so I did as she suggested and I walked inside the room.

Once inside the room I walked over to the examination table and I then placed Melinda on the table before I took a seat on the table next her, Lana walked inside the room before she closed the door behind her and then she walked over to her swivel chair, Lana then booted up her computer and she then asked me So what brings you in here today Lunes?

I then proceeded to fill Lana in on everything concerning Melinda and once I had finished explaining everything Lana seemed to understand everything I said, Lana then rolled over to the nearby cabinet and she pulled out an adoption form and then she handed it back to me to fill out, Lana then put on a standard pair of latex gloves and and mask.

Lana then stood up and she walked over to the table and then she knelt down next Melinda and she then whispered into her ear saying I'm going to give you a checkup sweetie! Is that okay with you and Melinda said that's okay with me as long as Ms. Loona stays in here with me! Lana then stood up and she grabbed her examination tools and then she got to work.

Lana then started by taking Melinda's temperature and Melinda's temperature was at a normal temperature for toddler, next Lana took Melinda's blood pressure and even though Melinda's blood pressure was high it wasn't enough to effect her health, then Lana listened to Melinda's heart and everything was great.

Finally came the awkward part and Lana then had me remove Lana's blood stained shirt and pants thus leaving her in the pull-up that she was wearing, Then she did an up close examination of Melinda's body, Melinda was very scared during the whole process though I took her small hand into mine and I gently squeezed it.

After a few minutes Lana had finished doing her examination she then walked over to the closet and she grabbed a tank top and shorts for Melinda to wear since her current clothes were ruined by the blood, Lana also handed me a package of pull ups and I then placed it on the table next to me, I then helped Melinda get into the clean clothes that her soon to be Auntie had given her.

I then filled out the adoption forms before I handed it back to Lana who signed the document since she works at the local adoption center and thus making me Melinda's mother, I then informed Melinda that I am going to be her new mommy, After Melinda had processed her new status she hugged me, I was initially caught off guard but I quickly recovered from my shock and I then returned the hug.

I then put the pull-ups wipes and powder into my duffel bag before I slung it onto my shoulder and I was about to head to the check out and pay but Lana put a hand on my shoulder and she said with a smile I got it Lunes! I then said are you sure Lana? To which Lana replied positively, I then hugged my older sister and after we broke up the hug Lana said, Take good care of my niece Lunes and I said I sure will!

I then used my magic to teleport back home to the Goetia/Mayday mansion to get Melinda settled into her new home and life, and frankly I'm excited yet nervous about the future but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Melinda has a great life here in Hell!