Chapter Forty Six Momma Bee to the rescue

April 11th

3:30 am

(Bee) I went downstairs to get a glass of water since I'm quite thirsty and so I put on my robe and slippers before I headed downstairs, when I had reached the kitchen I turned on the light on and I then walked over to the cupboard where I retrieved a glass from it.

I then filled up the glass and I then started to drink from my glass and after I had finished drinking the glass of water I put my glass into the sink, As I was about to head back upstairs to bed to sleep with Loona and Tex I saw a shadow of a figure move out of the corner of my eye so I turned to face what the shadow was, when I turned in the direction of the direction I saw our daughter standing by the counter holding her blanket and giraffe with tears streaming down her face.

I walked over to her before I knelt down in front of her and I asked her What's wrong honey? Melinda said I had a bad dream mama and it scared me! What was your dream about hon? Melinda said you mommy and daddy and I went to the park and you sent me to play but it was time to go home i got abandoned at the park and none of you came back to get me! Hearing this broke my heart and I then took her hand and I led her over to the couch.

Once at the couch I pulled Melinda up onto the couch and once Melinda was on the couch I took her into my arms, I then gently rocked her in my arms and I said shh shh it's okay honey it's okay, you know it breaks my heart to see you cry I said as I gently wiped away the tears from her eyes, I can promise you that your daddy mommy and I won't ever abandon you.

How long have you been up sweetie? Melinda said with a frown I've been up since two thirty mommy, why didn't you come into our bedroom honey? We could've made room for you in our huge bed! Melinda said I guess that I didn't think about that mama! Why don't you try to go back to sleep kiddo and don't worry I will be here when you wake up in the morning.

Melinda nodded her head and she started to drift off to sleep in my arms I thought to myself  this is horrible that our little girl had a terrible dream and it makes me very sad, I know that she's still dealing with the psychological trauma from seeing her birth mother die, In a way Melinda sort of reminds me of how my little sister Charlie found my sister in law Vaggie all those years ago.

I laid down on the couch and I draped a blanket over us and I started to fall asleep with our little one on my chest, Melinda's breathing began to even out and shortly thereafter I fell asleep as well.