Chapter Thirty Into the Fire

March 26th

(Millie Knowlastname) We had just completed a mission in downtown Dallas and Moxxie Loona Blitzo and myself were about to enter the portal back to Hell when a piercing cry echoed through the city and I turned my head in the direction, what I saw horrified me and I said Oh my Satan there was an apartment building on fire and by the sound of the cry it was coming from a child in danger.

I ran in the direction of the fire because I couldn't bear the thought that if I just stood by a child would be incinerated by the flames or they would die from smoke inhalation, Even though I may be a demon assassin it doesn't mean that I'm a heartless demon, Moxxie and I have talked about having a child together but with our line of work any child that we may have would be in danger from our enemies if they found out.

I ran as fast as I could to reach the building in my human disguise and when I reached the building I saw that there was caution tape and barriers up and so I pushed through the local fire and police departments near the obstacles in my path, After I had hurdled the last barrier I pulled out my battle axe and I broke down the smoldering front door, I then used my enhanced hearing and I followed the sound of the child in danger's cries until I arrived at a collapsed apartment door.

I then stepped through the door and I then followed the cries I had oxygen tank with me for the child to use considering that as a naturally born demon I had no use for an oxygen tank, I finally reached the location of the cries which was a small bedroom with not much in it minus a bed, a wardrobe, and a work desk, When I reached the bed I peered under it where I found the child in question.

Under the bed was a male human child who looked to be around the age of ten or eleven years old who was terrified of the fire and me so I spoke softly please come out sweetie I'm not going to hurt you, the child crawled out from underneath the bed and when he had fully crawled out from the bed I pulled him into my arms, don't worry cutie pie I'm going to get you out of here and I have something to help you.

I then turned on the oxygen tank and once it started to generate oxygen and then I placed the oxygen mask onto the child's face and I then held him tightly to my chest and I then ran out of the burning apartment, Once I made it to the stairs I then ran down the stairs as fast as I could, when all of the sudden the stair that I was standing on collapsed underneath me, which sent me falling several floors down.

When I hit the bottom floor I started to fade out of consciousness the last thing I remember before I passed out was a grey/white blur reach into the room and pull me out of the burning building.