Chapter Thirty Eight Breaking the news to Loona

March 4th

(Verosika) Oh I am so fucking nervous about telling my stepdaughter Loona about my pregnancy but I'm going to bite the bullet and just tell her since she's my adopted little girl and she would eventually find out from others, I just hope that she will be understanding of the whole new family dynamic.

I walked anxiously through the hallway towards Loona's room and I once I had finally reached Loona's bedroom door after what seemed like it took hours to get to the door which in reality was only a couple minutes, I then knocked on the door and I called through the door May I come in kiddo? Loona answered back sure and so I gently pushed the door open and I then stepped inside the room.

Once inside I saw that Loona was laying on her bed against the headboard reading Melinda a story, Melinda looked up and she said Hi nana look mommy's reading me a story! I can see that sweetie I then said Loona can you meet me in the hallway for a few minutes? Loona looked at me with a concerned look on her face but she still said sure.

Once Loona had placed the fairytale book onto her bedside table and she then looked at Melinda and she said I will be right honey just hang out here until I get back and then Loona followed me outside the room, Once we were outside in the hallway I said Loona I have some amazing news I opened my mouth to say that I'm pregnant when Loona beat me to it, You're pregnant aren't you mom?

I was flabbergasted that Loona knew how did you know that I am pregnant Loona? Loona well I could smell a different kind of scent on you and this just makes it much better mom, I then asked so you aren't mad about the pregnancy? Loona said Mad why would I be mad at your news mom, I'm so very excited for you and dad and father's child.

And if you need a babysitter for a night to get away to have some alone time just come to my door, I will keep that in mind kiddo I'm going to go and take a nap it's been a long day, though I will see you and Melinda at dinner! I then walked down the hallway towards the living room.

(Loona Anne Mayday Goetia Buckzo) Once mom had turned the corner I then walked back into my room and I then walked over to my bed before I crawled into it, once I was resting against the headboard again I grabbed the fairytale book and I began reading to Melinda again, Melinda then asked me a startling question Mommy when can I have a little sibling? I froze at the question and I said I would have to talk to your daddy and mama about that honey! Okay mommy Melinda replied back.

I then continued to read until Melinda had fallen asleep on my chest and so I then placed the book back on the nightstand and I then laid down with Melinda on my chest and I fell asleep as well.