Chapter Twenty Day at the Park!

March 12th

(Vaggie Morningstar) So today Charlie had go back to the hotel to get some paperwork done for the upcoming Spring Solstice Ball which is a week from today of the Ball, While Charlie is gone I decided that I would take Melinda to the nearby park to play, I made sure that she had her hellhound disguise on since I want to be sure that other demons don't hurt her otherwise Loona will be pissed when she gets back.

I was sitting in the kitchen at the table when Melinda came into the kitchen wearing her disguise as well as a pair jeans and a sweatshirt, Melinda said I'm ready Auntie V! I barely managed to keep my composure together and I said oh I can tell you're ready hun, go and grab your tennis shoes hon and then we can leave.

Melinda then ran out of the kitchen and she then headed to linen closet to grab her shoes and then Melinda ran back into the kitchen and she asked Can you help me tie my shoes Auntie? Sure I can help you tie your shoes peanut and so I got out of the chair that I had been sitting in and I then walked over our great niece and I helped tie her shoes.

Once I had finished tying Melinda's shoes I said alright peanut we're all ready to go to the park now, though I have to lay down some ground rules, rule number one remain where I can see you and rule number two don't talk to strangers okay? Melinda just nodded her head and she said cutely Yes Auntie V, good girl now let's go.

I pulled Melinda in her new red wagon that Charlie and I bought for her yesterday and I am so glad that she likes it so much, even though the wagon cost Charlie and I a lot of money it doesn't matter, all that matters is that Melinda's happy, One of these days Charlie and I need to arrange a playdate for Mordy and Melinda it would probably be a lot of fun for both of them.

After a ten minute walk we had arrived at the fiery pits park and then Melinda climbed out of her wagon and before she ran off I whispered remember what we talked okay peanut! Melinda said yes I remember Auntie and then she ran off to play in the sandbox with a few demon children while I sat on a nearby bench and I started to read my book I brought.

I had been only reading for a half hour when I heard a piercing cry which startled me and then a voice cried out Auntie Vaggie, I immediately knew that Melinda was in trouble and so I walked over to the sandbox where I saw that three teenage demon boys were continuously pushing her down in the sandbox, I then said with a growl leave her alone you little shits!

One the boys said sarcastically oh yeah whatcha gonna do about it if we don't and I said with a maniacal laugh then I will do the most unspeakable things to a demon that's possible, now leave my niece alone or so help me you'll regret it now scram, the boys then ran away in fear.

Are you okay kiddo? Melinda just shook her head and she said those boys were so very mean Auntie! I know honey but remember that I am here to love and protect you from trouble, Do you want to play for a little while longer or do you want to go home peanut?

Melinda then said I want to go home Auntie and I said alright honey let's get you back home, I felt bad that Melinda's first trip to a park in Hell ended badly, though I'm glad that she didn't get hurt by those idiot boys, I then helped Melinda get into her wagon and then we headed back to the mansion.