Chapter Thirty One And out of the Ashes

March 28th

(Millie Knowlastname) When I came to I saw my husband standing in my line of sight when Moxxie saw that I was awake her hugged me tightly, Moxxie then said Oh Millie I thought I lost you to which I replied your not going to lose me that easy sugar! Wait where's the kid Moxx? Moxxie then said Loona's keeping him company while you were out.

Where am I Moxx? Moxxie then said you're back at IMP HQ Hun! I then slowly sat up and I said Moxx I want to keep the kid as ours! Can we please take him in? Moxxie then said I'm not going to change your mind am I Mills? I said hell no you aren't hun sorry I made up my mind Moxx! I then slowly stood up after I had fully gotten my bearings and I headed out of the meeting room to the reception room.

Upon entering the reception room I saw something that made my heart flutter with joy Loona our usually quiet and reserved hellhound receptionist was sitting on the floor in the middle of the room next to the boy playing UNO and they both were laughing and just genuinely having a good  time playing, I then carefully walked over to the middle of the room, Loona heard me coming over and she looked up at me and she asked Are you okay Mills?

Yeah I'm feeling good Loones thanks for watching the kid while I was out and thanks for saving our lives back in Dallas! Loona said hey I did what I needed to do besides you would have done the exact same thing for me Millie, I then looked down at the boy and I asked how are you doing kid?

The boy looked up at me and he said I'm doing good miss, I then knelt down and I said we never formally introduced ourselves my name is Millie what's your name? The little boy said my name's James Newhouse and I'm eleven years old, Loona then said I informed James that his parents didn't make it out of the fire alive! I sat down next to James and I pulled him into my arms.

I'm so very sorry James that you had to be told this horrible piece of bad news regarding your parents, Do you have any other family members alive? James said I have a nineteen year old older sister Anna Newhouse who lives in St. Louis while she attends college, I know that this is sudden but would you like to be adopted by my husband and I?

James said with a teary smile yes I would love that Millie I mean mom, I then said why don't we take you to Judas General Hospital to get you checked out, and don't worry you will still be able to see your big sister and if she is willing Moxxie and I can sign adoption forms for her as well, I then ushered James outside and into my car and then I drove him to Judas General Hospital in my car.