Chapter Eighteen First Day at the Goetia

March 9th

(Charlie Morningstar) After a long and eventful night with Melinda under mine and Vaggie's care which included Melinda coming into mine and Vaggie's room during the night,

The night before I have always been a light sleeper especially during the last one hundred years, Anyways I woke up when I heard the bedroom door creak open and a pair of light footsteps come into the room.

I sat up in bed and my red eyes peered into the darkness and as I scanned the darkness my eyes landed on a pair of blue eyes looking back at me, I then spoke softly into the darkness Melina is that you honey? Melinda replied yes Auntie Charlie! Melinda then padded over to the bed.

I then asked what are you doing up princess? Melinda then said with a shaking voice I had a nightmare Auntie, I felt my heart shatter knowing that Melinda had a nightmare which must've scared her badly if she was here in our room, I then reached down and I gently picked up Melinda and I brought her onto the bed.

I then proceeded to comfort her and once I had managed to calm her down I then began to sing a lullaby from my childhood that my mom and dad used to sing to me when I was scared or sad about things, Halfway through the lullaby Melinda had fallen asleep on my chest and I then laid down on my back with Melinda still asleep on my chest, After a little while I fell back asleep again.

Around 9:00 I woke up and I then gently untangled Melinda from my arms and I then used my elbow to gently nudge my wife's arm which caused Vaggie to instinctively reach for me, but instead I gently placed Melinda in my place and Vaggie then pulled Melinda into her sleeping embrace, I quietly got up out of bed and I then put on my pajama pants that Vaggie took off me last night.

After I put back on my pajama pants and a tee shirt I then headed downstairs to make breakfast for everyone, Once inside the kitchen I grabbed the apron that I brought in my suitcase off the kitchen table and I put it on, Once I had put on the apron I started to make three eggs in the hole sandwiches on the stove.

As I was cooking I still can't get over the fact that my Little Loony Toon is a mommy to such a cute and well behaved little girl, I guess that I still see Loona as the little pup that I got the privilege to watch grow up which makes it a little more shocking, I wiped a stray tear from my eye and I then continued to cook breakfast.

After another eight minutes had passed I had finished cooking the last egg and I had just put the egg into the hole when I heard my wife and niece come into the kitchen and I then turned around and I said breakfast is now ready my lovelies!