Chapter Fifty One Waiting for news

April 17th

(Blitzo Goetia/Mayday)

I paced the waiting room anxiously while we waited on news from any of the surgical team members regarding Loona's current condition, I feel like a failure because I couldn't prevent Loona from getting shot during the firefight in the warehouse, And the worst part about this is that Loona could possibly die because of my lack of precaution when we entered the warehouse.

Loona warned us just before we stormed the warehouse that the cultists were probably laying in wait for to ambush us once we entered the building, And Loona was right the fuckers were planning an ambush on us upon entering the building, I let out a depressed sigh and then I went back to the seat that I had been sitting in earlier.

Everyone from our family even Alastor of all people came, Mom and Dad we're trying to keep Melinda distracted so that way she was distracted enough to not know what is going on, Charlie and Vaggie were off to the side still trying to make sense of the situation, After a while a male surgeon with blood stained scrubs walked into the room and he approached us.

The male surgeon was hellhound who looked to be in his late forties and he walked over to me and he asked Are you the young woman's father sir? Yes I am Loona's father doc, How's she doing? The doctor said this is going to be easy to say but unfortunately your daughter will have to relearn how to walk again sir, I was shaken to the core by this revelation.

I stood there in such shock that I utterly shut down, it was so bad that my sister Charlie walked over with Vaggie in tow and Vaggie took me back to my seat so I don't accidentally lash out at the doctor while Charlie talked to the doctor, Vaggie told me softly to take deep breaths until I could calm down.

(Charlie Morningstar) How bad is the injury doctor Russet? Dr. Russet said well when we had to open up Loona's chest to get a better look at the extent of the damage we found a very troubling problem, The bullet that had entered Loona's chest nicked an artery below her heart though it didn't cause any serious damage to the artery though the bullet ricocheted through her body until it exited out of her body through her back, but unfortunately the bullet broke through two of her Lumbar vertebrae near her lower back.

My heart sunk further Dr. Russet must have sensed the hopelessness that I was feeling right now because he said though on the bright side the rest of Loona's spinal structure remains intact, though she will need at least 8 months to a year to fully recover from her injury, Plus she's going to need to do a lot of physical therapy to get the strength to be able to do things again, I wish that there was more I could do to help ease her pain but sadly I can't, Though I can say that your niece sure is a fighter Charlie.

With that Dr. Russet walked away leaving me feeling a little bit more relieved knowing that  Loona's injury isn't going to permanent, I walked over to my little brother and I started to comfort him.