Chapter Forty One Charlie Gets Hurt

April 7th

(Charlie Morningstar) As I was showing Melinda around the hotel I couldn't help but smile at just how much amazement and wonder Melinda was taking in while she was looking at everything we passed on the tour, We turned a corner we arrived at the residential wing of the hotel, Melinda took off running down the hallway and she was headed to mine and Vaggie's room, though before she could enter our room I teleported in front of her thus stopping her from entering our room.

I then said Sorry kiddo but mine and Aunt Vaggie's room is off limits as well as our offices, Melinda looked up at me and she asked curiously Why are they off limits Auntie? I thought to myself how do you explain to a toddler why certain rooms are off limits, I then said your Auntie and I have A lot of important things and papers that we can't afford to have get damaged or lost kiddo, you'll understand when you're much much older than you are now, Do you understand now hun?

Melinda said I think so Auntie Charlie I then said why don't you go play with your cousin Mordy Hun! Melinda perked up upon hearing that she could go and play with her only cousin as of right now, Melinda then skipped off to the playroom while I locked up our bedroom before I headed back up the hallway, I'm so very happy that I'm an auntie again.

As I was walking down towards the lobby I wasn't watching where I was going and so I missed the obvious wet floor and I went to sliding down the hallway before I crashed into the wall outside of Alastor's office, Al's office door opened and he stepped outside the office, He looked around for the source of the crashing sound and after I had groaned he looked down at me.

Alastor knelt down next to me and asked me Are you alright my dear to which I shook my head and when I struggled to get up on my feet Alastor stood up before he bent down and he picked me up, Alastor said my dear we definitely need to get you down to the medical clinic of the hotel, Once there we can have Michelle examine you, I said Al I'm alright honest.

Alastor placed a finger to my lips before he said I don't want to hear it my dear I made a promise to your parents to watch over and protect you when you opened the Hotel all those years ago and I will be damned if I don't keep my promise to them, I knew that it was useless to argue with Alastor since he was only looking out for my well-being.

Alastor then carried me through the hotel until he had finally arrived outside the clinic and he used one of his extra arms to knock on the door, Michelle's angelic voice called through the door come in! Alastor then pushed the door open before he stepped in the clinic.