Chapter Fifteen Melinda's returned home

March 6th

(Loona) I was pacing around the main lobby of the office when the door opened and in walked an angel I got ready for a fight the angel even though I knew I would loss, but I noticed something odd about the angel that she didn't have a weapon and she had my daughter in her arms.

I lowered my guard slightly but I remained on high alert just in case the angel then placed Melinda on the ground before Melinda ran over to me, when Melinda was in arm's reach I scooped her up and I held her in my arms, I was very tempted to scold my daughter for running off but I decided that I should hear what the angel had to say first.

I then said Hello is there anything I can help you with Miss? The angel then said I have a couple of questions for you Ms Hellhound and I quickly interjected I said please just call me Loona ma'am! The angel then said alright Loona my name's Celeste and I have just a few questions that I would like to ask you concerning your child, would you mind sparing a couple of minutes so we can talk?

I was quite shocked at the calmness and curiosity that Celeste has concerning my adoptive child, I stood in the middle of the office deep in thought if I should answer Celeste's questions but after a few moments of thinking I made my decision, I then placed Melinda on the floor and I said honey why don't you go and find grandpa he should be in his office.

Melinda then skipped off to see her grandpa who's in his office and once Melinda had left the room Celeste asked is there a place where we can talk in private? I said there's the meeting room on the left, do you want to go in there to talk Celeste? Celeste said sure.

I walked to the left most door and I opened it and Celeste followed me in the meeting room and once inside I closed the door behind us and then I sat down in a chair across from Celeste, I was starting to become extremely nervous about the upcoming questions, Celeste must've sensed my anxiety and she said assuringly Loona I'm not going to take your child.

I let out a relieved sigh and then I asked so what do you want to know about Melinda? Celeste then said well let's start with an easy question how did Melinda come into your care Loona? I then said I found Melinda and her dying mother in an ally in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago Celeste!

Celeste then wrote down everything that happened on the day that took Melinda into my care, Celeste then asked do you know how old Melinda is Loona if you don't know exactly how old she is can you at least give a good guess of how old she is? I then said I believe that Melinda's two and a half years old Celeste!

Celeste then asked what happened to her mother's body after she died? I just lowered my head down and I said I don't know what happened to her body when I went back two days after I adopted Melinda I went back to the alley and her mom's body was gone, I wanted to properly bury her body but I couldn't.

Celeste then asked has Melinda been well cared for in your care? My eyes flared up and I stood up and I asked with a growl Are you asking me if I haven't been taking care of my adopted daughter? or are you asking if I'm not a good mother to her? Celeste said Loona please calm down I'm not asking if you're a good mom to her!

Celeste then continued by saying Loona I'm sorry if I worded it poorly but this part of my job to ask the tough questions, Once I had calmed down enough I sat back down into the chair I had been sitting in, Yes Melinda has been well cared for while in my care and my mates have been helping me with raising her.

Celeste then continued to ask me a couple more questions and I answered them as best I possibly could, after another twenty minutes Celeste was finished with asking me her remaining questions and then she stood and she said that we'll remain touch, We both the exchanged phone numbers and then Celeste left the office though not before saying that she will be coming to check in on Melinda once every month.

That sounded fair enough to me once Celeste had fully left I walked out of the Meeting Room and then I flopped into my desk chair and I thought to myself maybe I might have found a new life long friend in the form of Celeste.