Chapter two

Chae Rin's POV

From the moment I woke I was practically forced to get into the car and into the plane. I was so tired that I just fell asleep on the plane. About an hour later I was woken up by the flight attendant

"Ma'am 57 minutes until this plane lands please put your seat belt on."

"yeah, um can I ask a question?" I said looking around for my dad.

"yes."

"Have you seen an older man who is my father?"

"Oh yes, he said to send you to Korea and to this apartment while he stayed in Japan. He said to give you this."

I look at her. She hands me an envelope and a small bag.

"Thanks" She nodded and walked off to help someone else.

I open the envelope and saw the letter.

"Darling,

      I am sorry to do this to you but you have to go to Korea for your own safety. I did some bad things. I had asked some people to help loan me some money and they are expecting me to pay them back but, the problem is that I don't have the money to pay them back. They said they'll give me until the end of this week to pay them back and if I don't they said they'll take you from me. I am sorry. I just know I wont be able to pay them back so I am sending you to Korea. I know you didn't want to but its for you own good. Please call me when you get there. Take this money and find the apartment. Buy some food and clothes, I already applied you to a College there so don't worry about that. You start next week, please don't be mad at me and please stay healthy. No matter what happens I'll always be with you along with your mother.  I love you.

                                                                                                                          All My Love, Dad.

I couldn't believe it. He left me as well. I look in the small bag and saw the money with a necklace. The necklace belonged to my dad, the necklace had a ring and with a pendant of an eagle. I put it on and waited till the plane landed. Once it did I grabbed my stuff and headed to the place I was told to go to. It took a while to get there but when I got there, I got my key and went to my room. I unpacked my stuff and put things where I want them to be and went sight seeing.

Chae Rin's dad's POV

I wish I didn't do what I did but its for her own good. I can't have her taken away from me. I will not let that happen. I just can't believe I sent her away. Chae Rin needs to be safe and no where near danger. Chae Rin has to be safe, I promise you dear.

FLASHBACK

"Mr.Lee do you have my money?"

"No I don't but I promise you I'll get it to you. Just please give me time."

"You have until the end of this week and that's it. If I don't get my money by then I'll just take your daughter instead."

"Stay away from her"

"Then get me my money you have until the end of this week!!!"

END OF FLASHBACK

I promise Chae Rin, I'll pay them back and be by your side again.

Chae Rin's POV

As I looked at places in Korea I remember I had to call my dad so I stopped at a cafe and ordered a latte. Luckily I know how to speak Chinese, Japanese, English, Cantonese, and Korean. Thank goodness for the private language classes. After I received my latte I called my dad.

"Dad, hey how are things?"

"Everything is good. How is it over there in Korea?"

"Everything is good. The weather is great."

I heard some noise in the background and then he hung up.

"Hello? Dad? Hello?"

I hung up and went back to my apartment. It was about 12:45pm so I decided to check out the College I was going to attend.

Chae Rin's dad's POV

I was on the phone with Chae Rin when those gangs came in. I hung up and put the phone in my pocket.

"So you sent your daughter to Korea"

"How did you know?"

"Are you stupid?! I have ears everywhere" he says and punches me.

"Sir, be patience it's only been a few hours." One of his workers says

"Well, there is a change of plans. Beat him till his last breath."

His boys nodded and started to beat me. All I could feel was pain from the beating. As there boss left they beat me till I was bleeding enough for me to be weak and left. I saw that smoke and I knew I had to get out of there. I got up slowly and stumbled out of the warehouse that I was in. As I got out I was far from the explosion and I took out my wallet and took out Chae Rin's photo and threw my wallet but held the photo of my daughter. I held it as tight as I can and then everything went black.

Chae Rin's POV

I took the bus to the school and went to the office.

"Hello, I'm Lee Chae Rin,  I don't start till next week but I would like to look around. Is that fine?"

"Why yes, I heard that you have a excellent education and rejected the top schools in the U.S and other countries."

"Yes, well I wanted to study in the country my parents were born in so here I am" I lied.

"Well, we are happy to have you"

"Thank you"

"No thank you, here stick this pass on your shirt and you can go anywhere you want."

"Thanks"

After that I went to walk around. I was even invited into some classes and observe and help out. During break I went to look at the garden and then I ended up bumping into someone.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think anyone would be here"

"Its OK"

  I look up and he was gorgeous.