Chapter Seventy eight

It was so awkward for Chae Rin that she did what she thought was best for her. She pretended to fall asleep. JungKook sat next to her letting her rest her head on his shoulder. Then he began to talk.

"You know Chae, you really do mean the world to me. I left because I thought I would lead those people away from you but I thought wrong as they were still hurting you and the people around you. I never wanted to bring you into this whole situation but it just happened that way with your dad and all. But in all seriousness, without you entering my life I might've ended up like my dad, head of a gang that goes around being a loan shark to people like your dad who are completely innocent and probably even sleeping around with random girls almost every day of the week just like my dad. You showed me a different life. You've always been there for me through thick and thin. When I left you, I tried so so hard to hold myself back from running back to you. When you hated me, my heart broke to pieces but I never gave up on you because you are my everything and I wanted to do everything to get you back but I knew I needed to give you your space. But now that everything is over with you want to leave me? No, I'm not giving up on this relationship. I'm not going to give up on you, on us, and I will do everything I can to have you in my arms."

JungKook kisses her hand. Chae Rin lets out a small smile. She was relieved and happy but she wanted to stick with what she had told him. Chae Rin is stubborn like that. After what felt like hours the doors finally opened and Jhope and Namjoon was standing at the door.

"I guess that didn't work." Jhope said scratching his head.

"You guys stopped the elevator? Why am I not surprised yet surprised?" JungKook says with a scoff.

JungKook lifts Chae Rin up carrying her to their room setting her down on the bed, he then placed the blanket over her and proceeded to go change for bed.

When JungKook entered the bathroom, Chae Rin opened her eyes and teared up a little.

"I'm so sorry JungKook." She says in a whisper like voice.

For the rest of the night they slept in silence even thought either of them got much sleep. The next morning Shizuyo and Taehyung slipped a piece of paper into JungKook and Chae Rin's room and ran to meet up with everyone else. Yoongi and Jin didn't agree with how the others wanted to help Chae Rin and JungKook but, they also didn't want to see Chae Rin and JungKook torn apart so they went along with it. About an hour after they all had left, Chae Rin wakes up due to falling off the bed. With that, JungKook also wakes up.

"Are you okay?" JungKook asks in his morning voice rubbing his eyes.

"*groans* Yeah, my ass hurts but I'm fine." Chae Rin says standing up to stretch.

JungKook and Chae Rin stares at each other before JungKook breaks eye contact.

"I'm gonna call Jimin Hyung. He said he wanted to go jogging together." JungKook says grabbing his phone.

Chae Rin nods and heads to shower. Moments later Chae Rin hears a knock on the door.

"Yes?" She questioned keeping her eyes close so that the shampoo wouldn't get in her eyes.

"No one is answering. What should I do?" JungKook says against the door of the bathroom.

"Uh, did you go to their rooms?" Chae Rin continues.

"Yeah, no answer." JungKook replies lazily.

"Ummm, wait, let me finish up and I help figure something out." Chae Rin says back.

JungKook just nods to himself and leaves to go sit on the bed. He takes out his laptop and pulls up his video editing app. Chae Rin continues to shower and about half an hour later or so Chae Rin comes out of the bathroom fully dressed in a wide-strapped black button-up top and floral rouched bottom mid thigh dress. JungKook stares at her with pure love in his eyes. Chae Rin clears her throat and JungKook snaps out of it.

"So no one is answering and it seems as if they all left early this morning." JungKook says.

"Hmm, maybe they are out by the pool. Lets get our shoes on and look for them." Chae Rin says.

JungKook goes to puts on a white button up shirt, black knee length shorts, and his white vans. Chae Rin puts on her black and white converse and they both grab their phones and heads out to find them.

Once they reach the pool area, they see that no one is there, not even an employee. Chae Rin sighs and sits on one of the beach chairs next to them.

"Well, what now?" Chae Rin says looking up to JungKook.

Before JungKook and reply he receives a text message.

"Ya Maknae, take the chance to spend time with her and make her happy. We're leaving the last 2 days to you guys. Have fun and enjoy it. The only employees left there is the security guard and the cook. We sent every one else home, Yoongi Hyung says he'll pay for the 2 days they are off. Make the best of it. Love you!! - Taehyung"

JungKook smiles and puts his phone away.

"They left us." JungKook says.

"What do you mean they left us?" Chae Rin questions standing up.

"I mean, they left us here with only the cook and security guard. No cars, nothing." JungKook replies staring at Chae Rin eye to eye.

"Ok, so then what do we do?" Chae Rin says looking away.

Then something clicks in JungKook's mind.

"Give me 2 days. If I can make you change your mind in 2 days, you're mine, forever. If not, I'll leave you alone. We'll go back to being friends or strangers or whatever you want." JungKook says pulling her to make eye contact with him.

Chae Rin hesitates to answer. She looks at JungKook as if she's trying to read his mind.

"Fine."