Chapter Seventy Seven

Chae Rin goes back to patio where everyone was and set her things down at a nearby beach chair by the pool. She walks into the pool and dives in. While JungKook and Taehyung talk while grilling the meat, Yoongi sleeps in a beach chair, Jin is singing with Stephanie, Christable, and Jimin, and Jhope, Anna and Namjoon are playing card games on the table. Chae Rin takes a few dives and swam around the pool before Yoongi called her to eat. She steps out of the pool and covers her body with her towel and walks to the table where everyone else were. She sits in the only open seat left which was next to JungKook and grabbed a plate from the middle of the table.

"Enjoy everyone. It was a lot to get all of this prepared for you." Jimin says jokingly.

They all began to eat while talking, laughing, smiling, and just having a good time. JungKook reached out to grab a drink that was somewhat in front of Chae Rin with his left hand. Chae Rin sees the Christian Bauer Modern 18k white gold men's band ring sitting perfectly on his ring finger, shocked she grabbed his hand and took a good look at the ring.

"*cough*" Jimin coughs out of shock.

"Oh um sorry" Chae Rin says letting go of JungKook's hand and goes back to eat.

JungKook secretly laughs to himself. He found Chae Rin's reaction cute. He had intentionally wore the ring to see her reaction and it was just as he expected it but way cuter.

After they finished eating, some sat while the others danced to digest the food they just ate before going for a swim in the pool. Chae Rin wanted to shower before bed so she had bid everyone good night and headed up to her room. Of course JungKook followed her up. His excuse was he was tired and wanted to sleep. As they entered the elevator together, they stood in silence. Not a few moments later all of a sudden the elevator stopped.

"What the hell?" Chae Rin says holding on to the rail tightly as the elevator suddenly stops causing her to almost fall.

"Seems like the elevator got stuck." JungKook says.

He pressed on the emergency call button and spoke. "Is anyone there?"

"Yes, seems like we're experiencing technical difficulties with the elevator systems. We're working on it so please be patient." The security guard says through the call.

"Ok, is there a way you can manually over-ride the system?" Chae Rin asks

"No Ma'am, the system on our computer has been locked, I'm gonna have to go up to the roof to manually shut down the system to reboot it. It'll just be a little while." The security says back.

Chae Rin and JungKook both sigh. Little did they know that the security was paid by Jhope and Namjoon to stop the elevator for a couple of hours. As they waited Chae Rin sat on the ground onto of her towel.

"So..." Chae Rin spoke.

"hmm?" JungKook replied

"How much you want to bet Taehyung has something to do with this?" Chae Rin says jokingly.

"*chuckle* Probably is him and Jimin as well. They're crazy enough to make this happen." JungKook jokes back.

Then everything went silent again.

"I see you got your favorite brand ring" Chae Rin says looking at the ring sitting on his finger.

"*chuckle* Yeah, fits nicely doesn't it?" He questioned.

"Yeah. The ring you got me fits nicely too." Chae Rin says quietly.

"You tried it on?" JungKook questions curiously.

"For a bit." Chae Rin replies looking at the ground.

While they sat in quietness, Jhope and Namjoon talks to the security guard.

"Thanks for doing this for us." Namjoon says shaking the security guards hands.

"Yeah, maybe they'll fix their relationship with the time they have in there." Jimin says after.

"No problem. As long as you're paying me and not telling my boss." The security says laughing.

"*laughs* We won't tell anyone. Just remember that in 2 hours you can let them go." NamJoon says.

"Will do sir." The security guard shakes hands with Jhope and Namjoon before they head back to the group leaving the security guard.

Back in the elevator, Chae Rin and JungKook continues to sit in silence. Until JungKook broke the silence.

"I know that it probably won't work but I just have to ask for my sake. Is there anything, anything at all that I can do that will help change you mind?" JungKook says

Chae Rin looks at her hands, knowing that there is a slight sound of hope in his voice. Chae Rin clears her throat and looks at JungKook.

"Even I don't know what I can do to change my own mind." Chae Rin says with sorry in her voice.

JungKook sighs. Losing hope in winning Chae Rin back. Again they sat in silence. JungKook looks at his phone.

"Its already been almost 2 hours and he hasn't gotten back yet." JungKook stands up to press the emergency call button.

"Um, sir, are you there?" He asks

"Yes, the situation hasn't been fixed it, We are still working on it right now. We're almost done, please be patient." The security guard replies.

"ok" JungKook says while taking a deep breath. He looks at Chae Rin and sees that she was falling asleep.

He went to go sit next to her and let her head fall onto his shoulders. Soon enough he began to speak to her even though she was sleeping, or so he thought.