Chapter 9

JUST A SHORT DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!

________________________________________________________

He pulls out of the hug and begins to look at the palms of his hands. They were skinned some from the fall. Big tears still rolling down his face.

Kirstie takes his hands in hers looking at them. "They don't look too bad. I'll clean them up when we get to my house O.K.? Honey I wasn't able to get you a candy bar. But I have some ice cream at home." She says wiping his tears away with her thumbs. Taking a deep breath he gives her a puzzled looked. "Have you never had ice cream before?"

He shakes his head while rubbing his red puffy eyes.

"Well you are in for a treat. Come on. I'll call Mario to see if he can pick us up." She says getting to her feet.

Kevin helps Patches up and puts an arm around his shoulder as they walk back out to the sidewalk.

Patches sits down on the sidewalk. He pulls his knees up to his chest and rests his forehead on them. Kevin sat down beside him rubbing him on his back talking to him softly.

Kirstie calls Mario, he tells her that he would be there as soon as he could. She walks back kneeling in front of Patches, rubbing him on the leg. "Mario will be here as soon as he can."

She looks at Kevin and sees so much anger on his face.

She rubs him on the arm. "He's gonna be alright, Kev."

Kevin shakes his head. "This is an everyday thing for him, Kirstie. But I've never seen him break like this before. I guess it just finally built up so much he had to let some of the pain out."

Kirstie feels a soft pat on her leg. She looks to see Patches trying to show her his knees.

She separated the ripped places on his jeans so she could see his knees better. Both were skinned pretty bad and was bleeding a little.

"Honey, I didn't know your knees were hurt too. I'll doctor them up when we get to my house." He had stopped crying but was sniffling. She reaches up and tugs lightly on his beard. "Have you ever rode in a taxi before?"

He shakes his head.

"Mario said you could ride in his. You like Mario don't you?" Kirstie ask looking into the sad green eyes.

He nods then puts his hands together like a handshake. 

"He's your friend?" She ask making sure she had the hand motion correct.

He nods.

"Am I your friend?" She ask smiling.

He bites his bottom lip and hangs his head. Kirstie's mouth drops causing Kevin to laugh.

"What? Am I not your friend?" She ask trying to keep from smiling.

He looks up at her and slowly puts his arms around her giving her a hug.

"I KNEW IT!!" Kevin laughs. "PATCHES HAS GOT A CRUSH ON YOU!!!"

Patches slugs Kevin on the arm.

"OUCH!" Kevin laughs falling over.

"Oh come on Kevin. I think it's sweet. Patches, I have a crush on you too." Kirstie smiles and winks at him.

Patches mouth drops. He turns and slugs a hysterical Kevin several more times.

_______________________________________________________________

VOTE and COMMENT!!!!

**  AMERICA!!  **