Chapter 70

Kirstie got up and went to the nursery, to feed Emily and to change her diaper. She left Patch asleep in bed. She was in the nursery for quite some time.

When she put Emily back down to sleep, she went back to her bedroom and notice Patch was gone. She grabbed the baby monitor and headed downstairs. The minute she walked into the kitchen she knew who it was sitting at the table with Kevin, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning, guys." She said as she fixed her a cup of coffee.

"Good morning." Kevin said looking up from the newspaper. "You see who decided to join us today?" 

"I see that." She smiled putting her arm around Patches's shoulder, kissing him on top of the head. "Good morning, Sweetie."

He looked up at her and smiled with a little bit of milk on his beard. 

"I got something to show you after you get through eating." She said, taking a napkin and wiped the milk from his beard.

"K". He nods.

He finally finished his cereal, pushing the bowl away. "Duh, Kit" (meaning- Done, Kit)

"Come on." She said taking him by the hand and leading him upstairs. She opens the door of the nursery and walked in.

"DAG!" he laughed at the dragons on the wall.

"Shhhh, you have to be quiet." Kirstie whispered.

"Dag." He whispered pointing to the wall.

"Mhmm, are they cute?" She smiled and he nodded. "Look over here." She led him to the crib.

He looked down into the crib and gasped throwing both hands over his mouth. Kirstie smiled as she watched his reaction.

"Bay." He whispered pointing at Emily.

He rubbed his hands together as his eyes went from Kirstie's face, to her belly and then to Emily, then back to her belly and then to her face. He would open his mouth like he wanted to say something but then would close it.

It was as if he was trying to figure out what had happen. He shyly pointed to her stomach.

"Bay?" He asked softly.

"She's right here, Sweetie." Kirstie smiled, pointing inside the crib.

He started to reach done to touch the baby but jerked his hand back and looked at Kirstie.

"It's alright, you can touch her but be really gentle." She said.

Patches reached slowly into the crib and gently laid his hand on Emily's soft warm little body.

He jerked his hand back and giggled.

"Bay." He giggled patting his hands together.

"Her name is Emily. You can call her Em." Kirstie said. 

"E..Em. Bay Sssss." He said with a nod, wiping his mouth.

"That's right, Angel. She is your baby sis." Kirstie said, brushing his hair back out of his face.

She reached down into the crib, picking up the baby.

Patches covered his mouth again, his eyes wide with amazement as he stared at the tiny baby.

Kirstie smiled as he pooched his lips and leaned over kissing Em on the cheek. He giggled as Em scrunched she little face at the feel of his beard. 

"Tick." He giggled pointing to his beard.  (Tick-Tickle)

"E..Em pay M..Mack." He nods.

"No, Honey. She's just a little bit too little to be playing with Mack. She will someday though." Kirstie giggled.

"K." He nods.

He looks around to see Kevin video taping him, Kirstie and Em.

"K..Keb. Bay Sssss. E.E...Em."  He giggled. 

"How does it feel to be a big brother?" Kevin chuckled.

Patches clapped and pointed to himself. "Mmmm Bub." (I'm Bubba)

___________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!!!

(((( TIM + AVI = TIVI ))))

(((( TIM + ADAM = TIDAM ))))