Chapter 54

Kevin put the tree together and then sat back directing Kirstie and Patches where to hang ornaments. Patches was having the time of his life. He would hang an ornament, giggle and clap before reaching for another one.

When they were finished, Kevin plugged in the lights.

"Ooooo!" Little bits yelled out and clapped.

Kirstie grabbed her phone and snapped some pictures of the excitement on his face. Then she got an idea. She went into another room to make a phone call. A few minutes later, she came back smiling.

"Kevin? You and I are going Christmas shopping." She said.

"But what about Patches?" Kevin ask, looking up at her.

"Scott and Mitch are gonna babysit." She giggled.

"Do they know what they're getting themselves into?" Kevin chuckled.

"Mitch was excited about it." She said stooping down beside Patches. His eyes still glued to the pretty tree. "Baby? Do you want to go see Scott and Mitch?"

"Sot? Mm..Mit?" He asked, looking around at her.

"Yea, do you want to go to their house for a few hours?" She laughed as his eyes got wide and he nodded excitedly.

**

They went out and got in her new car that she had gotten a few days ago. Once they got to Scomiche's house, Kevin got out and opened the back door. He reaches in, unlatching Patches's seat belt.

Patches jumps out of the car and runs to the waiting arms of Scott.

"Hey there little buddy. You gonna stay with us for a little while?" Scott laughs as Patches jumps into his arms. 

Patches nods. "M..m.. Mit?"

"Right here, Precious." Mitch calls from where he was sitting on the couch.

Patches gives a quick wave to Kirstie and Kevin and runs into the house. Jumping on the couch grabbing Mitch into a hug.

"Excuse me Mr. Patches." Kirstie said, with her hands on her hips. "Do I not get a hug before I leave?"

Patches bites his bottom lip and holds his arms up to her.

"Don't give all my hugs away." She smiled hugging him. "You be good and mind Sot and Mit, alright." She kisses him on the cheek. He smiles and nods.

She goes back to the car where Kevin was waiting.

"We need to get Little Bits and Patch's Christmas presents." She said as she heads to the mall.

After a few hours of shopping and several trips to the car for Kevin, putting gifts in the trunk. They were ready to go back to Scott's and pick up Patches.

"Do you think they'll like what we got them?" Kirstie ask as she pulled up in front of the Scomiche house.

"Kirst, you keep forgetting, Patch and Little bits grew up on the street. They've never had anything. I can't wait to see Patches's face when he sees the special present you got him." Kevin smiles.

"Me too. I'm suppose to pick it up Christmas Eve." Kirstie said as they got out of the car.

They walk up to the door and she pecks softly.

"Knock, Knock." She says as she opens the door. "Oh my goodness." She says softly as she looks around the living room. The entire living room was draped in sheets and blankets.

She heard Patches giggle from underneath the tent like structure. Reaching down, lifting up the blanket to find Patches and Mitch hiding.

"What are ya'll doing?" She giggles.

"M..m..Mon, Mon." Patches whispers, motioning her inside.

"Monster." Mitch repeated after Kirstie had given Patches a puzzled look.

"Where?" She said acting frightened.

On cue, Scott comes out of the kitchen, munching on a cookie.

"GRRRRRR!!" He growls.

She squeals and crawls into the tent.

Kevin sat down in a chair, laughing at their silliness.

She crawls in and sits between Patches and Mitch.

"Mmm... Mon." He whispers, holding a finger up to his lips.

Suddenly, Scott grabs Patches around the waist through the blanket.

"AAHHHH!" Patches Screams, throwing a blocking elbow.

"UGHHH!" Followed by the sound of someone falling.

"Scott?" Kirstie and Mitch ask in unison.

But all they heard was Kevin's laughter.

_________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE & LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!!!!

HERE'S HOPING ALL YOU PENTAHOLICS and HOME FRIES HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

**  AMERICA!!  **

**  STRANGER DANGER!!  **