Chapter 22

Patches's thoughts- { }

4000 READS FOR PATCHES!!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK and ROLL!!! THANK-YOU!!

___________________________________________________

"We need to get you dressed so we can go shopping and get you and Kevin some more clothes." Kirstie said as she towel dried Patches's hair. She started brushing out his hair, deep in thought about what had happened earlier.

Patches was watching her in the mirror and notice how sad she was looking. {I made pretty Kirstie sad. I don't think she likes taking care of me any more.} His bottom lip started to tremble and a tear rolls down his cheek. {maybe I should go back to the streets so she can be happy again. Kevin too, he could get a job if he didn't have to worry about me.}

"There. Finished." Kirstie said glancing into the mirror at Patches, and saw him crying.

"Sweetie, what's the matter? Why are you crying?" She ask stooping down beside him, running a hand through his hair.

He shakes his head no.

"There has to be something wrong or you wouldn't be crying." She said getting a tissue and started wiping his tears.

He points at her and shakes his head, then making a heart with his hands then pointing to himself. {You don't love me anymore}

"Honey, why do you think I don't love you?" She ask fighting back the tears. Could her love for the man Patches be affecting how she feels for little Patches. Is he sensing the aggravation she feels when he reappears and the man slips back in. Does he even realize that there are two of him in that body?

He reaches up and touches her lips and then frowns. {I'm making you sad}

"Baby, I'm so sorry if I made you think I don't love you. Because you know what? I wuv you verwy much." She said pooching her lips out for a kiss.

He bites his bottom lip and gives her a sweet smile. He leans over and gives her one of his sloppy little kisses. He puts his arms around her neck and gives her a tight hug. {I love you too, pretty Kirstie}

"There's my hug. Thank-you, I needed that." She says smiling, "Now let's go shopping."

Patches didn't care much for the flip flops he had to wear. He couldn't keep them on his feet. They got to the mall, walking toward the shoe store, he had to go back several times after a flip flop.

The lady measured his foot for his shoe size, then came the fun part of picking out some shoes. Which wasn't as easy as it sounded. Kirstie and Kevin quickly found out that Patches was actually very picky. If he didn't like a pair of shoes, he would shake his head and slide his feet under the chair he was sitting in.

Kevin had already picked out him a pair of shoes and was trying to help Kirstie pick out some for Patches.

"Why don't we just let him pick out his own shoes considering he doesn't like anything we've picked out." Kevin suggested.

"I guess we'll have too, cause we don't seem to be getting no where." She said just about ready to give up.

"O.K., Mr. Patches, go find you a pair of shoes." She said. Patches nods and heads straight for the tennis shoes.

He looks around a bit then finally pats Kirstie on the arm and shyly points to a pair of black converse.

"So you like those?" She ask a little excited. He smiles and nods.

"Quick Kevin, find his size before he changes his mind." She laughs.

She goes to pay for their shoes while Kevin puts the converse shoes on Patches.

He looks at his feet and nods with a smile.

"I hope he's not this picky with his clothes or we'll never get out of here." Kirstie says as she throws the flip flops in the garbage.

They walk out of the store with Patches smiling wearing his new shoes.

________________________________________________

** AMERICA!! **