Chapter 25

Patches's thoughts-  {  }

_________________________________

The next morning Kevin woke up to find Patches gone from his pallet. He knew Kirstie had probably already left for work so he panicked when he found Patches gone.

He started done the hallway and noticed that Kirstie's bedroom door was open. He peeked in and saw Patches on his hands and knees looking under the bed.

"Hey Patch? What are you doing?" Kevin asked walking into the room.

Patches raised up with a pout on his face. He pointed to the bed and then shrugged his shoulders. {I can't find her. I don't know where she at}

Kevin chuckled, stooping down in from of him, brushing his wild hair out of his face. "I don't think she would be under the bed. She's probably already left for work."

Patches whined, jumping up and running to the front door trying to open it. {Wait for me!}

"No, no. You don't go out." Kevin said making sure the door was locked.

Patches pointed to himself and then to the door. {I wanna go with pretty Kirstie}

"I'm sorry Little Bits but you can't go with Kirstie to work. You hungry?" Kevin said heading to the kitchen.

Patches shook his head no then sat down in the floor by the door, pouting. {NO! I WANNA GO WITH PRETTY KIRSTIE}

"Well, O.K., suit yourself. But I'm gonna eat me some cereal. Yep, some Lucky Charms sounds good." He said glancing over his shoulder at Patches sulking in the floor.

Patches watched Kevin go into the kitchen. He looked at the front door then back at the kitchen. He got up from the floor and slowly walked to the kitchen.

Kevin was sitting at the table eating at bowl of cereal. "You want something?" he ask, looking at Patches standing in the doorway.

Patches nodded and pointed to the cereal. {I want that}

"I thought you might change your mind." Kevin laughed pouring a bowl of cereal for Patches.

Patches ran over to the table and sit down. Nodding his head as Kevin poured the milk.

"It feels great having something to eat in the mornings, doesn't it Patch?" Kevin said and Patches nodded. "But if you don't stop eating so much, you're gonna get fat." Kevin chuckled as he sat back down.

Patches looked up with his mouth full of cereal, shook his head and pointed at Kevin's belly.

"Oh, so are saying I'm fat?" Kevin said looking at him with a surprised look. Patches smiled and nodded. {You fatty}

The phone rung causing Patches to gasp and look at Kevin with a frightened look.

"It's O.K., it's just the phone." Kevin said going to answer the phone with Patches right behind him. "Hello?"

"Hey Kev, How's it going?" Kirstie ask.

"Well, not too bad. Patches got a little upset when he couldn't find you this morning. He even looked under the bed." Kevin laughed at Patches staring at him talking to nobody.

"Awww, Bless his heart. Put me on speaker phone." Kirstie said.

"O.K., done." Kevin smiled at a very puzzled Patches.

"Hey Sweetie!" Kirstie smiled knowing he was gonna freak out.

Patches's mouth dropped open, he looked at Kevin and then at the talking thing with Kirstie's voice. He leaned looking at the phone like he was trying to look into it.

"I can hear you breathing." Kirstie giggled. "Are you being good?"

Patches nodded. {I good}

Kevin laughed, "She can't see you nod your head." Kirstie also laughed.

Patches whined scratching at the phone.

"I miss you too, Sweetie. You be good for Kevin and I'll bring you a surprise when I come home O.K.?" She said.

He smiles and nods.

"She can't see you, Little Bits." Kevin tells him again.

Patches looks up at Kevin then back at the phone. He claps his hands above the phone. Kirstie laughs causing he to smile and look at Kevin and nods.

"O.K., Baby. I gotta go. I love youuuu." She said smooching the phone.

Patches leans over and kisses the phone. {Love you pretty Kirstie}

"That was a good kiss." She giggles. "Kevin, I'll see you guys this evening. Bye."

"O.K., Bye Kirst." Kevin said and Patches waves at the phone.

___________________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT PATCHES!!

**  AMERICA!!  **